It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Pressure

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Toboein
(female)

Toboein HB User
Question Pressure

In the past few weeks , i have been experiencing some rather annoying symptoms. The one that bothers me the most is the constant pressure i feel in the base of my skull, just above my neck, and under my ears around my jaw bone. Its usually worse when I am sitting holding my head up and when I rest my head on my hand it usually goes away. Ive been experiencing headaches, fatigue, and am slightly bothered by bright lights when this occurs. I had a CT scan which was clear, and was dismissed with having migraines , but there is usually no pain, just intense pressure. My neck muscles feel very strained and tired when it goes on. I know i have horrible posture, from draiwng and painting and working on the computer a lot my shoulders slouch and my head is forward, but i havent had anything like this before. When i wake up in the morning, my tonsils are usually swollen and sore but get better during the day. Any ideas what i should do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2009, 03:03 AM   #2
guy in AU
(male)

guy in AU HB User
Re: Pressure

Have you seen a physical therapist? They can be of great help if the problem is muscular or related to posture etc

Old 11-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
fuzzy101
(male)

fuzzy101 HB User

Toboein, I have EXACTLY the same feeling, pressure in base of skull, feels better when i rest head on hand or when i lay down (although sometimes i can feel it pulsate to the rythm of my heartbeat). Feels like there is a muscle that is really really tight in my neck. Also pressure is worse when i sit still, builds up really really bad. I have had MRI/CT every test done except EEG. I am going to ask Neuroligist for one. Anyways would be good to chat. hopefully you get this. Also get slight balance problems too, thats because i have had this thing for about a yr and a half. Cant wait to get rid of it!

Last edited by fuzzy101; 11-01-2009 at 09:37 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to fuzzy101:
Toboein (11-09-2010)
Old 11-02-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Toboein
(female)

Toboein HB User

Hey, thanks for your response. I thought I should include an update, just for anyone whos having the same symptoms as me and might be in the same boat.

As all my cat scans and MRIs were normal, i went through with a blood test and got my answer. It came back positive for Lyme. I groom dogs for a living so i guess i came in contact with a bad tick and didnt realize it. (no rash or target) But anyway, diagnosed with lyme and treated for the past 2 months on the antibiotic Doxycycline. Within 2 days of taking the medication, the pressure in my head vanished. It has not returned since. The balance problems come and go, but are getting better with time. Lyme attacks many different things and is hard to detect on blood tests, if i were you, i would push for a lyme test. Maybe more than one.

Good luck and Good health

Closed Thread