It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Migraine linked to seizure?? Possible Epilepsy

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2009, 05:00 AM   #1
Andrea01
(female)

Andrea01 HB User
Migraine linked to seizure?? Possible Epilepsy

Back in may of this year i suffered with two seiuzures in the space of 24 hours..... I had, had a migraine (i get slightly blurred vision, excruciating pain about left eye and pain all down left side of my face which makes it feel numb and sickness) and i had run out of my usual perscribed medication (Zomig Rapimelt...part of the triptan family) I have had migraines for the past 5 years after stopping taking tegretol as i had epilepsy up to about 14years before. I had asked about being put back onto the tegretol before the seizures as i have read that it is used for treating migraines but have been constantly told no i cant. I have one week migraine free in every month and have had no more seizures since. I have been put on 1000mg Keppra, Had an MRI scan and EEG which have come back as normal. I am seeing a neurologist on the 23rd of this month at the headache clinic.

I keep a migraine diary and since May i have had at least 40 migraines!!! I am just thankful the medication for the migraines work as no over the counter ones do!!

Just wondering if any one has/is been in the same situation?

Thank you

Andrea x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread