It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
(female)

AngelOfLight82 HB User
Unhappy Unusual Right-Sided Headaches & Burning Pain/Sensation on Top of Head

Hello All!

I've been experiencing these unusual right-sided headaches lately. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like a numbing/vibrating sensation. I'm plagued w/daily headaches and I get migraines all the time, so these headaches have me a bit scared. I've noticed them about 2 weeks ago. One night after having a day w/this terrible headache and bouts of dizziness/lightheadedness, I started experiencing this burning sensation on the top of my head w/nausea and diarrhea (weird having diarrhea, I know). It felt as if someone poured acid on the top of my head. It didn't feel topical or hurt to the touch of my scalp. If felt as if this pain was in my head. I get migraines all the time, so I just assumed that this is what I was experiencing. I've been told that if you start experiencing headaches out of your normal headache activity/pattern, that you need to seek medical attention. After this incident happened, the next day (after over 12 hours of this), I finally went to the ER. They did a CT scan (twice) and found nothing. It was kinda strange that they had to do another CT scan. They gave me the impression that they found something @ the base of my head on the right side & needed a clearer picture. I found this interesting, because the burning pain moved to this location, but moved again before the next CT scan. Maybe this was just a coincidence.

Anyway...in addition to the dizziness and lightheadedness, I've been experiencing a lot of short term memory loss/issues about this same time frame (2 weeks). I'm lost as to what this may be. The ER doc just went ahead & diagnosed me w/a migraine and sent me on my way w/meds. If this was indeed a migraine, it was a very unusual one. I tried doing Google searches, and I cant seem to get an answer on post other people has made about similar situations. I'm assuming that the burning sensation on the top of the head is common according to my searches. If any of you may know what this could be link to, I'd greatly appreciate the direction. My health insurance kicks in @ the end of Nov & I would love to approach my neuro doc about this situation and maybe give him some possibilities that I think may be going on. Looking forward to everyone's replies. Thanks!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to AngelOfLight82 For This Useful Post:
sandra johnson (03-08-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
(female)

Ilanit5 HB User
Re: Unusual Right-Sided Headaches & Burning Pain/Sensation on Top of Head

Hi
my name is ilanit 34 years old
having the same sesations
month and a half of headaches-so scary
have been at hospital 2 times for 4 days-got morphin and prednison- the morphin helped to calm my pain
i'm on hydrocodon now (750 mg 3 times a day)
and 3 days ago dr put me on cymbalta and topamax (nothing yet only insomnia)
i'm so in pain can't even think clear.
i hope that you already feel better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ilanit5 For This Useful Post:
sandra johnson (03-08-2011)
Old 07-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
(female)

lofi HB User

Have you looked up symptoms from cell phone mast? Possibly living to close to one?The frequencies can throw your physical health off "balance".It is interesting how it moved after the ct scan to the same location-another radiation issue. Most doctor's will just tell you its not been proven, however- its proven in Europe. They are more aware of the issue that the USA.
Look up electronic harassment on google there is a site educate yourself that describes these symptoms. I have the same pain. Im in my 20's, never had any issues b4. It is scarry, doctors find nothing wrong anywhere. Don't let anyone tell you this is common- normal people don't feel like their head/brain is burning. I wish you well.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
(female)

C1234 HB User

he sternocleidomastoid (SCM) muscle is one of the most complex in the body. It functions as both a short range (clavicular head) and long range (sternal head) rotator, an upper cervical extensor, a flexor of the cervical spine on the thoracic spine, a lateral flexor, as well as a very important source of equilibrium sense.1,2,3 Likewise, when it becomes dysfunctional as a result of containing myofascial trigger points (TPs), it can present a complex clinical picture. The pain referral pattern of the SCM includes pain over the cheekbone, in the forehead, on top of the head, in and behind the ear, over the chin, over the SC joint, over the forehead, and deep in the throat.3 The throat referral is a commonly overlooked cause of sore throat, often mistaken for pharyngitis. The patient will often feel a fullness in the throat, especially upon swallowing, which feels like a partial obstruction. The forehead referral pattern is one of the very few instances, if not the only instance, where referred pain can cross the midline, as the pain is frequently felt in the contralateral forehead area in a patient suffering from a TP in the clavicular division of the SCM.

Dizziness, nausea, "migraine" and "sinus". Because of its intimate involvement with brain stem and the vagus nerve, the SCM muscle of the neck produces a long list of neurological and pain symptoms which appear primarily in the head and face but which may also appear as nausea, motion sickness, and balance problems.
These are commonly mistaken for migraine, sinus headache, inner-ear problems, trigeminal neuralgia -- and so on. SCM has one of the most extensive patterns of pain and dysfunction, yet is one of the easiest muscles to self-treat. Click the link to see an info page on this muscle.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
(female)

missfletch HB User

I was experiencing this on the left side. And I too was having the nausea and dizziness and diarrhea. I went to the doc, actualy i ended up going to er and they did a ct scan and found nothing and sent me home. I went to a different doc and he suspected two things, inflamed artery or inflamed nerve. He gave me a cortazone shot to the back left side and gave cortazone tablet to take. The feeling is still slightly there but i am not experiencing the other symptoms. Though I am still waiting to see a neurologyst. hope this helps.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #6
(male)

kainzal HB User

hey

sry, my english is not so good. this thread is quite old, but i try it. the symptoms which the threadcreator describes are similar to mine. i had a burning feeling for two weeks on the top in my front head caused by a intense stress reaction, accompanied with low concentration and a bad memory. 5 weeks are over now since the last burning, now it is completely gone away, but the other symptoms are still there.
i would happy if someone could help me or reassure me someway.

p.s.: the feeling 5 weeks ago was a mix of etching, ignite and burn.

thanks

Closed Thread