It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
(male)

gmacdon76 HB User
Atypical migraine?

Last week at was sitting at my desk at work on a conference call, chatting away and i suddenly felt like i could hear my voice echoing and felt like i was going to pass out. I didn't pass out but my heart was racing after it (not before, at least not that I noticed).

It happened again a couple of times over the next few days so I made an appointment to see the doc. Blood tests came back fine, she examined my eyes for signs of tumor etc and everything was normal. She is suggesting 'atypical migraine' (but is referring me to a cardiologist an neurologist to be sure).

I have these symptoms:

Headache in the right side of my head, *not* made worse when i shake my head or bend down that has come/gone every day for the last 10 days.
A feeling of very slight numbness across the right side of my face
A feeling of sinus pain/toothache on my right jaw
Occasional sparks of light in my vision
A feeling that my right eye is slightly out of focus

I had a detailed eye test yesterday and everything was normal there and I feel very assured by the doctor, but i'm just wondering if this is something that is "normal" for an 'atypical migraine'.

If it is atypical migraine, is there any treatment?

Best regards,
Gordon

Closed Thread