It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
(female)

Auds76 HB User
Severe pain around left eye, forehead area

Hi, I woke up on Christmas Day with slight pain in my forehead, left side, but it went after couple of hours, so put it down to alcohol, not that I drank alot, but I do not drink very often due to mediciation for my bad back.

Then however, early hours of the morning on Boxing Day, I woke with extreme pain in the same place, I had to get up to take some painkillers, then managed to get back to sleep.

Boxing Day morning when I woke again the pain ws still there, and did not go all day. I found lying down, sudden movements, of most movements or bending would cause the pain to become even worse. It is like a throbbing, pressure pain, very sharp and piercing!! It has started to go down the side of my face and neck also, but is worse around my left eye.

Boxing Day night it seemed to get a bit better, so went out to a friends as planned, I had a small glass of wine, and it came back, don't knw if it was because of the wine or the noise in the house, or what, but it came back and has been painful ever since, allnight and still now!!

I have tried to take paracetamol, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything, I do also have nausea with it. I'm thinking maybe it is a sinus thing, or migraine, can anyone help? I will be going to my doctors if it doesnt go tomorrow.

I am on medication for my back and also for a digestion problem, for which I am taking Lansoprazole, I take Pyridoxine too (B6) and for my back, co-codamol and Amitriptyline, and have been taking all of these for some time now. I did skip taking the Amitriptyline when I had had alcohol on Christmas Eve, and I did forget to take the B6 tablets too, but this shouldn't cause this head pain surely.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
(female)

klang2001 HB User
Re: Severe pain around left eye, forehead area

Hello

I hope you are ok now. what was the outcome?
I have had the same symptoms for over a week now, noise more than light hurts and the pain keeps coming over me in spasms.
Please let me know what was causing ur pain as I am a bit worried.

K8

Old 01-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #3
(female)

Auds76 HB User
Re: Severe pain around left eye, forehead area

Hey I'm sorry to hear you are in pain too. My pain went but then it came back has now developed into a bad cold, all my sinuses blocked, bad head and eye pain still, and bunged up. so I believe mine is my sinuses, I am taking Sudafed Decongestant, but they don't seem to be working very well, it's been a while since it all started but the cold only about 5 days so far.
If it persists I will go my doctors, which is what I suggest you do, yours could be something different, it sounds to me like migraines for you, maybe, I do think I suffer from them also, and stress may play a part in this too so try some relaxation, nice warm bath, candles, and relax, see if that helps you out. But yeah if they persist you must see your doctor, if you haven't already that is?

Thanks, really hope you feel better soon.

Aud

Closed Thread