It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Chronic Headaches- What could be the cause?

Hey everyone-

I started having chronic headaches a little over a year ago. I suffer from these more than half of the time. I would say 75% of days I have a headache. They seem to follow patterns of migraines, tension headaches, and cluster headaches, so I have no idea what types of headaches I am having.

Here are my symptoms:
-Headaches on one side of my head, however it trades sides.
-Headaches last for about a week, and then I am okay for a few days before they start up again.
-Headaches that intensify as the days go by.
-Vomiting, but not all of the time. The last time I vomited from a headache was 8 days ago.
-Major changes in mood and behavior. Sometimes I act a Manic. I feel AWESOME for a day or two. Then I feel incredibly down for days. I am dealing with a tremendous amount of stress and another major health issue so that could be the cause.
-Depression and anxiety. Again, other reasons could be the cause.
-Tingling around my face, and sometimes pain down my arm. This is a new symptom.
-Leg problems (pain, numbness, and weakness) but this is probably due to my lumbar spine issue in which I am soon having a second surgery for.
-Pain in my neck. I seem to have trigger points there.
-Temporary hearing loss/ ringing in my ears.
-Occasional jerking of an arm or leg.

I am having a difficult time finding a medication that works. Sometimes Zomig (migraine med) works, sometimes Tylenol 3 works, in the past Fioricet (tension headache med) has worked. Muscle relaxers do not work. I have also tried massage everyday, stretches, neck wraps, and just about every OTC med there is.

Does anyone have any idea what types of headaches I am having and what I can do? I am tired of having headaches almost everyday!

I had my gallbladder out a month ago and had some hope that that would solve my problem (I had a golf ball sized stone) but it didn't.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Re: Chronic Headaches- What could be the cause?

Another symptoms I have that I forgot to mention:
-I have been told on 3 occasions that I am slurring my speech. There is no obvious cause for this. I don't drink or do drugs.
-Memory problems. For instance, I barely remember Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. That kills me because I have a 2 year old and I do not remember her opening her presents. There are Many things I do not remember.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
(male)

gemini89 HB User
Re: Chronic Headaches- What could be the cause?

Hey megss, I have had headaches for the past 3 years due to stress. I have chronic TTH, look it up. This is caused by stress like I said. I just found out that I had this on my own so I have yet to try any medication yet, but there is some medication that you can be taken. I think there is a tri-cylic antidepressant, or something like that, but they say they have good results with those. I know you posted this 4 years ago so, hopefully you have fixed the problem. Please let me know how you are doing and give me some advice if you have figured out any.

Closed Thread