It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
(female)

tammy1973 HB User
Unhappy headache on the right side behind my eye down the back of my neck

for 2 days now i have had the worse headache behind my eye and it goes down the back of my head to my neck.it stays only on the right side...this causes me to miss work and it's very painfull...does anyone know what causes them and how to avoid them i do suffer from migrains.and i'm scared to death that one day i'll get a headache and something bad will happen to me....i've had cat scan and nothing was found....i just wanna be headache free....

Old 05-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
(male)

Casey G HB User
Lightbulb Re: headache on the right side behind my eye down the back of my neck

Tammy I feel your pain. The headaches in my case may be a different kind of headache entirely. Mine go to the extreme that if I mess with my hair at all it hurts. Unbearable most of the time. I have taken many medications. Aspirin, excedrine migraine, Tylenol, nasal sprays, percoset, vicodin, Maxalt, and others. The only real thing that just kills these headaches is Maxalt. It is incredible. Within 15 minutes of taking it the headache retreats to where it's just the roots of my hair hurting. I can deal with that. Do you get nosebleeds? That is one of the attributing factors to migraines. Cool compresses help alleviate some of the tension from the headache (the neck part) at least in my case they do. Hope this helps ya. Talk to your dr about Maxalt its great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: headache on the right side behind my eye down the back of my neck

I get these as well and for me, it was a cervicogenic headache. It would start as a dull pain and would gradually turn into a migraine by the end of the day. Like Casey G, Maxalt (I used the MLT melting version - 10mg) was the most effective for me against these kinds of head pains. I also would only have the pain behind one eye. Basically, I had inflammation in my neck causing some of this. I also get other kinds of migraines from hormone fluctuations and many other things that I try to avoid. I'm finally able to function and use the computer now, but earlier today was miserable! I took a Maxalt, and a second after an hour, and today it just wasn't working for me. Keep in mind that most medications might not work every time, so it's more about finding what works best. I also took some excedrin migraine since sometimes having some caffeine helps me as well.

My doctor told me that with those kinds of headaches, to avoid sleeping on my stomach, which I did all the time. It's something simple, but over time I no longer get headaches every day! I also go to physical therapy for my symptoms, which has also been helping.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
(male)

Krion HB User
Re: headache on the right side behind my eye down the back of my neck

No cause for concern, its one of many Evil Headaches. Ive had them all my life so they only bother me as far as pain anymore. Generally I keep several kinds of headache medicine around, for all the various ridiculously painful headaches I get. Usually they work, sometimes they dont.

And Tammy1973: Im not a doctor, but trust me on this one: If you had anything in your head like a tumor, or any sign of brain swelling at all, they wouldve recognized it from your CAT scan. Because of the sheer danger of such conditions, it is not often overlooked. While it wont make the pain stop, it will be ridiculously unlikely for such things to not be noticed in a CAT scan. Like, youd need a whole chain of idiocy, from the lab technicians, developers, and doctors for that to happen.

Headaches like that are ridiculously painful yes. but almost definetly a mundane concern. For instance, I started getting migraines when i moved from west and midwest deserts to the humid southeast any time it rained. Never had migraines before. Look for common things when the worst ones come. You'll likely find a few.

But really, calm down. I know i hate hearing this as much as you do, but it is literally in your head (That was a lame joke and I apologize...Still gonna post it though.) Seriously though, sinus and ear problems are much much more likely to cause it, especially with a clean CAT scan. So relaxing as much as you can is the best thing for you at this point.

It hurts terribly and it sucks to no small degree. My migraines actually make me throw up if they go on too long. With the huge amount of pain these damnable things cause, you really need to relax and worry about stopping the pain in a responsible (and most importantly) calm way. The pain is suffering enough, dont need to be scared along with it!

Also stop looking at the monitor when it happens. Light triggers are astoundingly common for this pain.

Closed Thread