It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
(female)

PAUSA HB User
Headache behind eyes almost everyday, HELP

Hi, I've been getting headaches behind my eyes for the past month and its getting very frustrating. Sometimes I wake up that way and other times it won't bother me until afternoon. Anyway, my eyes are so tired and heavy feeling all the time and then the headaches behind them are painful and sometimes turn into migraines. The eye dr said my eyes were in exquisite health so it wasn't actually eye related and I had an MRI, MRA and EEG last year that were normal. Do you have any idea why I'd be getting this and do you think it could be serious? I'm starting to worry. Thanks for any help.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: Headache behind eyes almost everyday, HELP

I had some eye pain like that,and the doctor gave me an anxiety pill which helped a lot.Who knows what goes on in our complicated head? Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
(male)

cudda HB User

My wife is going thru the same as you. Her headaches seem to be getting worse, she has had them for about a month now. The Dr. put her on, Here you go...a list of the drugs I am taking right now! She takes the Zoloft in the morning with her Lybrel(Birth control); the Tylenol and the promethazine are for pain, and the Amitriptyline is what they just proscribed for her to take at bed time.

*Lybrel
*Amitriptyline-10MG
*Promethazine-25MG
*Tylenol-Codeine NO 3
*Zoloft 50MG

She's been on these for about 2 weeks now and still no help. She says that at nnight the headaches seem to be masked by the pain meds, but when she wakes up, same old headache.
I know she is tired off the headaches, her personality is completely different.. I asked her what the Dr. said and Her Dr. has no clue.... I dont know if she is on to many drugs but something has to give for her to feel better. By the way she just tries to sleep when she can but the aches keep her up.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I don't have any advise but I'm going through the same thing.. I've had a constant headache for almost 4 weeks. Whatever it is set off a chain reaction of back to back migraines for the first 7 days. It took putting me on prednisone to break the chain. I am still having headaches. Bloodwork, CT and MRI with contrast all came back negative which is good but bad because i still don't have a diagnosis! At this point my doc just keeps throwing meds at me but some of the meds you can only take a few days a month or you get rebound headaches.. or other meds put you into a coma and only mask the pain. Very frustrating!!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
(male)

gjpr HB User

I have been dealing with this for almost a year. I have been to 6 different doctors with no real long term results. The most relief I have gotten has been from physical therapy on my cervical spine. It appears that the problem may be related to occipital neuralgia. I was given an occipital nerve block injection and that relieved some of the symptoms for a while, but not permanently. Every doc I have been to wants to treat me for migraines. I believe they are all wrong since none of the four migraine meds we have tried so far have done anything to relieve the pain. Try to find a good physical therapist (NOT A CHIROPRACTOR!!) who can GENTLY! manipulate the cervical vertebrae and maybe relieve some of the pressure from the occipital nerve.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Mccd HB User

I used to have severe headaches and my friend advised me to try yoga. I was living in the country and it was difficult for me to find a yoga centre that provides classes. I than began to search the net for some good & affordable yoga book. I came across many books but this particular book caught my eye.. It's called "Yoga Book For Anyone". The book guarantees perfect health.. I bought it and practised according to the book. After constant practise I now really have NO headaches at all!! This was like god’s gift to me.. I hated waking up in the morning with a heavy head and was unable to function throughout the day. Now I’m really energetic and i m making more progress. Hope the book can help you too..

Closed Thread