It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
(male)

archangel726 HB User
Feeling that head is floating

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and recently felt I needed to get to the bottom of what I had been feeling. For about 3 days now, i've been experiencing the sensation that my head is sort of "floating", i can't describe it exactly, there is no pain, besides some headaches i had at night for 2 of those days. Oddly enough, when i dim the lights in my room or turn them off, I feel nothing, my head feels 100% fine, the problem is, the moment i turn on the lights, boom, there we go again, in about 10 minutes i start getting the feeling, it feels like my head is floating around. I dont feel dizzy, or noxious, or sick, thats all i really feel, like my head is floating around above, it's really hurting my motivation to do things since the moment i flick on my light, i get the weird sensations. Any knowledge would be vastly appreciated, is there anybody who is experiencing this as well? please get back to me guys, i'd like to hear some feedback,

Thanks so much

Old 04-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
(male)

getty4404 HB User
Re: Feeling that head is floating

Hi, Arcangel726 i have been experiencing something like this mine feels like im floating kinda like my vision is high lol kinda weird like im doped up or something is this how what it feels like? Thanks for the post!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

Neatonora HB User

Honestly, i dont really have any awesome advice...but i can tell you ive had something similar to that happen to me. One day it just stopped...i know that doesnt reallyhelp you out NOW but...maybe it'll just stops soon?

Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
(female)

Janaly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel726 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and recently felt I needed to get to the bottom of what I had been feeling. For about 3 days now, i've been experiencing the sensation that my head is sort of "floating", i can't describe it exactly, there is no pain, besides some headaches i had at night for 2 of those days. Oddly enough, when i dim the lights in my room or turn them off, I feel nothing, my head feels 100% fine, the problem is, the moment i turn on the lights, boom, there we go again, in about 10 minutes i start getting the feeling, it feels like my head is floating around. I dont feel dizzy, or noxious, or sick, thats all i really feel, like my head is floating around above, it's really hurting my motivation to do things since the moment i flick on my light, i get the weird sensations. Any knowledge would be vastly appreciated, is there anybody who is experiencing this as well? please get back to me guys, i'd like to hear some feedback,

Thanks so much
Hello,

That head floating above feeling etc you described I did experience for
about a month a few years ago. It was a weird sensation ...and it took
me a couple months for figure out it was one of the medications I was
taking that was contributing. I had missed some work due to this odd
feeling and initially did not consider it was the med because I had been
on the med awhile and had no problems that were apparent. So I did
finally stop the med and the sensation stopped. Also unlike what you
described I also did have a light sense of dizzyness.

Also when I am under a lot of stress or having anxiety I still do get
occassionally sensations and mild dizzyness.

Have you considered an inner ear problem? How are things lately with
you since your initial posting?

Janaly
Allergic to Shellfish
*all are being treated*
but not with perfect success.

Closed Thread