It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
(female)

Abradle HB User
Dull throbbing headache at top of head.. ?

So, I had a really bad cold about a week ago. It started out as a stuffy nose, turned into a fever, and ended with the typical congestion and pressure around my eyes and temples.

This morning, I woke up feeling fine (finally fully recovering a few days ago). I felt great until I started doing my hair. I bent over and flipped my hair down to blow dry it, when all of a sudden I felt this excruciating (and confusing) pounding pain in the top of my head. I had to immediately stand up and hold my head for a minute until it dulled. It's not the normal pressure-like pain I would associate with a sinus infection; it's more of a weird kind of pain that I've never felt before.

Over the course of the day, it's gotten worse. My head feels like it's going to explode when I cough, lean forward, or turn it at a certain angle (simply shaking my head doesn't make it worse, like it would with a sinus infection). I figured it was probably tension, until my mom informed me that she's been suffering from the same thing for the past two days. She also just recovered for the same cold (which she gave to me) a few days earlier.

We are now both running a slight fever, and while the pain is intensified only by moving, it still exists slightly as a dull throb when sitting still.

Anyone know of a bug that may cause this kind of a headache? Or are we both simply just suffering from a tension headache?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread