It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
(female)

kristina2013 HB User
Unhappy Daily Headaches & Occasional Dizziness?

I'm a 15 year old girl with no known health problems and I have headaches that come on gradually and last for a few hours. To solve this I take 2 Advil Liqui-gels. It takes about an hour to kick in and then I'm fine. However, a day doesn't go by where I don't have a headache. I don't know if this is associated, but I do also have occasional "dizzy spells." They usually occur when I stand up or lie down and last for about 7 seconds. I do not want to confront my mom about it just yet until I can get some info on what might be wrong. Someone please help! Thank you (:

Old 08-05-2010, 03:43 AM   #2
(female)

fjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB User
Re: Daily Headaches & Occasional Dizziness?

Hi I'm 26 and I have experienced the exact same thing since I was about 13 and in school. I never went by a day without a headache.
There could be various reasons, the dizziness sounds like me and it could be a case of low blood pressure or anemia, you should have your self tested for that. it could also be stress related. Are u a person that stresses alot?
It could also be diet related. i went to a neurologist and he told me that I should stop eating cheese and chocolates as that triggers my headaches.
Lastly it could also be your vision? Do u wear glasses or contact lenses, I wear both, have been since 14 and that also sometimes can be a cause.
Also taking pain medication everyday can become addictive and you should try not to do that.I know from my own personal experience, I started becoming addicted to pain killers from taking them everyday.

Hope all this info helps somewhat.
PS. Please tell your mom so she can take you to a doctor and sort it out before it gets into something worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
(female)

kristina2013 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjeeva001 View Post
Hi I'm 26 and I have experienced the exact same thing since I was about 13 and in school. I never went by a day without a headache.
There could be various reasons, the dizziness sounds like me and it could be a case of low blood pressure or anemia, you should have your self tested for that. it could also be stress related. Are u a person that stresses alot?
It could also be diet related. i went to a neurologist and he told me that I should stop eating cheese and chocolates as that triggers my headaches.
Lastly it could also be your vision? Do u wear glasses or contact lenses, I wear both, have been since 14 and that also sometimes can be a cause.
Also taking pain medication everyday can become addictive and you should try not to do that.I know from my own personal experience, I started becoming addicted to pain killers from taking them everyday.

Hope all this info helps somewhat.
PS. Please tell your mom so she can take you to a doctor and sort it out before it gets into something worse.
Thank you for your help (:
I do not wear contacts or anything, I have 20/20 vision.
I only stress out around the time of something that could make me nervous or anxious.
I guess you can say that I do eat a lot chocolate and cheese, but not daily.
I'll try to talk to my mom about it, to see if she'll believe me. Sometimes I do over-exaggerate, but I know that something is not right. Thanks again for your help!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User

Can you ask that you get to see an ENT (Ear-Nose-Throat) doctor? I had a condition a few months ago called BPPV (benign positional vertigo) and was treated using a positional table. It may not be the same thing, but they may be able to help you diagnose the cause of your dizziness and headaches.

wb

Old 08-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
(male)

MikeinIllinois HB User

I strongly suggest you see a doctor. There are many causes of headaches and many of them are treatible. Some can be very serious, others just annoying.

I had headaches and dizziness similar to what you are experiencing. I saw an ENT for another problem, had minor surgery to correct the issue and the headaches stopped for the most part. It turned out that the headaches were caused by septical spur (sp).

Best of luck to you.

Mike

Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
(female)

murphy134 HB User

I was experiencing headaches and blurred vision nearly everyday for a year finally i was put on to Imigram 50g and this helped although they returned again after 6 months i now take Zomig and i find really good i now only get the headaches coming up to the time of the month

Old 08-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
(female)

kristina2013 HB User

Thank you for your help! I have considered vertigo when the problem first emerged but ruled it out for reasons I cannot remember. I'll reconsider it and will definitely see the doctor (:

Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
(female)

kristina2013 HB User

Thank you for your input (: If you don't mind, can you explain to me what this septical spur is?

Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #9
(female)

kristina2013 HB User

Hm well I don't seem to have blurry vision, but did the doctors give you a diagnosis or did they just put you on these medications? Thanks for your input (:

Old 08-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
(male)

MikeinIllinois HB User

I may not be 100% correct on the spur, but to my understanding.

The septum is the cartilage separating the left and right sides of the nose.
It is often deviated (opened between the two sides) which can cause some breathing problems. A spur is excess cartilage that either grows out or is partially broken off. It then can cause pressure on other areas which may cause some types of pain.

If you have had a recent injury to your nose, it may be worth looking into.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
(female)

kristina2013 HB User

My nose has never been injured and I'm breathing fine, so that's probably not it :\ Thank you for your help though (:

Closed Thread