It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
(male)

All Sports HB User
If a headache comes on after hitting the head...

How long does a headache last after hitting your head IF it is part of a concusion? How is a concusion treated?

Old 10-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: If a headache comes on after hitting the head...

If you have hit your head you should be seen by a doctor. There are many possibilities when it comes to blows to the head. Please get yourself to a doctor or ER.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
(male)

All Sports HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
If you have hit your head you should be seen by a doctor. There are many possibilities when it comes to blows to the head. Please get yourself to a doctor or ER.
If there is a concussion, what do the ER Dr's do that I couldn't do at home. wife hit her head, but also has been fighting allergies and sinus problems today and she thought when she hit her head (On the hair line by her calic) that maybe it sounded louder than it was harder. There's just a small little bump there and she said that it didn't hurt all that much but the sound scared her more than anything. Her eyes look fine. She's in making dinner and eating so I am assuming she feels ok. She said that afer she hit her head, she felt it in the sinus area and her sinuses hurt a little, but they were earlier too. So, it's hard to figure out if it really warrants going to the ER. We just moved here and actually have no Dr's yet.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Of course it's your call, and most garden variety knocks on the head do not need a rush to the hospital...It's good that you have your eye on her, and by now it is likely a moot subject..but I still like to reply.

The main reason I would suggest a doctor to check head injury fist thing, is that with the little bit of information, I had to. We do have poster's who seek help for some scary things sometimes, and it is better to give the right suggestions.

The main thing the ER would offer that you don't have at home would be the imaging equipment (MRI/CATscan) to find injury, to assess the severity and to decide on a proper treatment.

There are some very delicate parts of the skull that could easily fracture if hit just right, there could be swelling, nerve damage, a bleed...you name it.

I am glad that your wife is feeling well, and she is lucky to have you watching out for you...I wish you well.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
(male)

All Sports HB User

Thank you for your reply. I had her go into a walk in facility (Not ER) and they did a cat scan and everything was fine. I just felt better if she did that so thanks for everyone's replies. Hope all is feeling well.

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-07-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Thanks for the update. Knowing for sure must be quite a comfort, and I am happy you found the walk-in that could offer her the cat scan.

Good job!

Closed Thread