It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
(female)

xinsidethefirex HB User
Angry I need help! Almost daily headaches that get worse at night.

On Saturday I was very busy at work. I did a lot of lifting and that's what I thought had brought on my headache. Then the next morning I felt a pressure type feeling in my head. After lunch it got worse and started to feel like a headache. I took some tablets but it did nothing. At night it was really painful and it even woke me up at night. I took some paracetamol and went to sleep. On Monday, the next day, I woke up with the pressure feeling and had a bath and later on the feeling went away and I was completely fine, as if the steam helped.

However, on Tuesday the same thing happened - the pressure feeling. It seemed to get worse the more I did - I was at college and then walked home. At night it got a lot worse. I also had a bit of a blocked nose. So I used some nasal spray then took some paracetamol then it went away shortly after.

The pressure feeling feels like sinuses. There is a lot of this pressure at the top of my nose and all over my head and when I lean forward it hurts. This is why I thought it may be a sinus headache.

However my shoulders and upper back do feel a little tense still and I am just assuming that this is because of all the lifting from work. I am unsure if the cause is sinus related or something to do with the lifting.

I distinctly remember having these headaches last late Oct and Nov and the same two years ago. So I am thinking that they could be to do with the weather/barometric pressure.

I am fed up already. I have college and work and I cannot miss them or not do my work because of them.

Oh and they are worse when I am moving around and when they start to get worse and I stand up my head throbs and I have to sit back down. This seems to make the headache worse. When it is this bad the pain is at the top of my forehead and slightly to the right. I am not sensitive to light or sound. I have suffered from headaches all my teenage life and I believe they use to be because of hormones and my eyesight. For this this time of year for the past 2 years they have been different and almost daily. They are NO fun and I just want to get rid of them. I am going to the drs soon. Last time they just gave me cocodamol which did nothing but make me drowsy.

Please any help is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 AM   #2
(female)

ncotter13 HB User
Re: I need help! Almost daily headaches that get worse at night.

Try a decondestant like pseudoephadrine (Sudafed) and a saline nasal spray.... when you try these dont take the paracetemol... if you get relief you know its sinus pressure. Also eucalyptus oil in a sink of very hot water, towel over the head and inhale could help alot if it is sinuses. If its not i think its best to see the doc... but plenty of heat on you shoulders and neck should keep you going til then, maybe a Thermacare heat patch while at work and a hot water bottle when at home. Hope this helps

Closed Thread