It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
(female)

lindasanpedro HB User
severe pain base of skull

pain began 3 wks ago at base of skull beginning from neck shooting up to base of skull. also have severe headaches at left side, throbbing bilaterraly and pressue that feels like head is to heavy to sit on shoulders. also skull is very sensitive to touch. neck snamps on right side which is a sharp pain shooting from base of skull upwards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User
Re: severe pain base of skull

I suggest that you make an appointment to see a neurologist. The pains and discomfort you describe sound like they have a significant neurological component to them. Have you been involved in an accident (like an auto accident or serious fall) that resulted in whiplash or other trauma to your neck or head? Much of what you are describing is consistent with what doctors refer to as "cervicogenic headache," which is pain than originates in the neck or base of the skull - and generally involves the cervical (neck) vertebrae and/or cervical sensory nerves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindasanpedro View Post
pain began 3 wks ago at base of skull beginning from neck shooting up to base of skull. also have severe headaches at left side, throbbing bilaterraly and pressue that feels like head is to heavy to sit on shoulders. also skull is very sensitive to touch. neck snamps on right side which is a sharp pain shooting from base of skull upwards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread