It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
(female)

venuvarma26 HB User
right side head ache and eye pain

since one month (dated 18th oct) right side head ache and eye pain now eye pain cleared 15th nov head ache cause eye specelist suggusted to to be check with noeuralgist pacent age 60 years femaile pl sugest me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
(female)

Amandar7 HB User
Re: right side head ache and eye pain

This sounds really similar to what I'm dealing with. I've had a constant headache on the right side accompanied by some eye pain and swelling around the eye. My neurologist is working on figuring it out...so far he's ruled out cluster headaches and pseudotumor cerebri.

Have you had any luck figuring it out? Are you feeling better now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
(female)

loverofpeace HB User

Perhaps a dentist could help you?
Tooth decay can cause facial pain. Good luck

Old 04-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #4
(female)

omivinita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandar7 View Post
This sounds really similar to what I'm dealing with. I've had a constant headache on the right side accompanied by some eye pain and swelling around the eye. My neurologist is working on figuring it out...so far he's ruled out cluster headaches and pseudotumor cerebri.

Have you had any luck figuring it out? Are you feeling better now?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My doctor has checked my eyes, there is no much problem. He has reffered me to ENT specilalist for Sinus Check.

I am still at pain killer

Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

A neurologist is a good place to start to rule out any very serious issues or problems in the brain. They might recommend you get an MRI, especially if you aren't sure what is causing it. I saw a neurologist and got different prescriptions to take. Luckily I already knew what was causing my migraines and also found out that I have bulging discs in my neck, which was also causing head problems.

Good luck! I hope your neurologist appointment goes well. That is the first step!

Old 04-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
(female)

Amandar7 HB User

Since none of the medicince my neurologist was providing me any relief, I looked into other remedies. I found that there is an association between gluten intolerance/allergy, B12 & Vit. D defficiencies, and persistent headaces. I cut gluten out of my diet 2 months ago, my headaches are much less severe and only a couple times a week, I no longer have any swelling around my lower and upper eyelids, and a check of my eyes yesterday revealed that I no longer have any swelling of my optic nerve! HURRAY!!! Thinking outside of the box and finding other triggers really helped me, when my doctors were unable to do so.

Good luck!

Old 05-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Amandar7, wow that's great! That's awesome that you were able to make some lifestyle/diet changes and have seen some improvement. I think what you did is better than taking just medication, because sometimes pills just mask the underlying problem. It's really good to try to eliminate some of the things causing the symptoms in the first place! Thanks for sharing with us!

Old 11-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
(male)

nebizzle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvarma26 View Post
since one month (dated 18th oct) right side head ache and eye pain now eye pain cleared 15th nov head ache cause eye specelist suggusted to to be check with noeuralgist pacent age 60 years femaile pl sugest me
I had the same pain since 2009, a sharp pain above my right eye towards the right of my forehead, and a pressure behind my right eye. I was actually googling it and I saw ur post. Since I used marijuana on a regular basis, I thought it had something to do with that, like a withdrawal symptoms, because when i am off pot i feel the pain. I smoke regularly and I never feel it if I am on pot. but when I stop, I feel that pressure and pain after like a couple of days. Exercise helps for a little while, but I would still feel the pain numerous times through out the day.
While I was experimenting with the pain, I felt like I put too much focus on the right eye (used my right eye more), so what I do now whenever I feel the pain is I just focus with my left eye, and the whole pressure shifts write between my eyes, the part where my nose and forhead meets. So I would just focus and keep all the pressure between my eyes where my nose and forehead meets and i feel so much energy and awakeness. Or I would pick up a metal object like a spoon or fork and hold it close in between my eyes without touch my skin and the whole pressure gets concentrated inbetween my eyes and the pain will be gone, but it comes back again. i know it sounds crazy, but try both it will go away instantly, specially holding a metal object inbetween the eyes. but it comes back again.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amandar7 - Just curious, did you have any other symptoms related to gluten intolerance, like any stomach issues? Someone mentioned to me that they had migraines related to gluten intolerance and I don't think they ever had stomach issues with such foods. I feel fine to eat them, but it makes me wonder if any of them are giving other symptoms and if it's a possibility for many more people out there.

nebizzle, wow that's great that you have found some things that helped you too. I think at times I tend to be tense in various areas and hold stress there, even in the eye area, so I can see how focusing on different areas may relieve some of the discomfort. I hope you can find ways to continue to find lasting relief!

Closed Thread