It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
(female)

tinker29 HB User
Headache vs blood pressure

I have had headaches all my life and the only thing that helped relieve them was Fioricet. Just plain old Fioricet. Let me assure you I did not neglect seeing a Neurologist and going on Inderal, Beta Blockers, Ergotamine, Histamine treatments 3 times a week, going to Mayo Clinic and faithfully taking the medicines prescribed by all of these medical professionals. The headaches were daily and were really painful, and often kept me from doing my job and my normal day to day activities. Through the years I have used Fioricet. I was not on any other medication, other than for a few bouts with Gerd. No blood pressure problem whatsoever. Okay --- I am now 81 years old and my headaches are still with me; however, I know I am blessed to go through life without surgeries and/or any other serious disease. My problem is I now have high blood pressure readings and have been told that I have to start taking blood pressure pills. I am very active in sports having been a figure skater, skier, and tennis player all my life. I am a healthy person except for these daily headaches. I agreed to taking blood pressure pills and they have sent the pain in my poor little head to another level. So far this past year I have been on 5 different blood pressure pills and they have not only made me sick sick sick, they have upped my blood pressure instead of lowering it, and they have upped my headaches to where I cannot stand them. My doctor took me off of Fioricet for my headaches; however, I kept what I had from my last prescription. I decided to take two in the morning like I used to, and have my healthy breakfast which included one cup of coffee. Lo and behold, my headache was relieved and my blood pressure was back down to where it was all my life, in the range of 130 to 137 over 85 and heart rate between 75 and 83. All I hear is Fioricet is no good for you! The side effects from the blood pressure medicine are to me far more ďnot good for meĒ than the Fioricet that I have had to use throughout the years. Iím 81. Will someone please, preferably a doctor, comment on my dilemma? I led a normal life until now and apparently the Fioricet did not do any damage to my body. I donít drink and I have never smoked. I know I am considered elderly but I just donít get it!!! What would you do if you were me? Thanking you in advance,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread