It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
(female)

Sockpuppets123 HB User
Been getting a lot of headaches recently

I posted a message in Chronic Fatiure- Titled Hiya, Just lately I have been getting quite a few headaches, especially when I wake up and get out of bed, I get a little dizzy too but not dizzy enough to faint, I hope that makes sense.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Been getting a lot of headaches recently

Have you checked your blood pressure?

The Following User Says Thank You to rudiraven For This Useful Post:
Sockpuppets123 (04-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

You don't happen to sleep on your stomach - do you? I had no idea it could potentially cause such problems, but supposedly I messed up my neck from sleeping in awkward ways (I'm sure there are other factors as well though). This resulted in dizziness throughout the day, but worst in the mornings, lots of headaches, and just feeling bad in general. I also had a lot of sinus pressure and ear fullness. A good way to describe how I used to feel in the mornings was very drunk and stumbling around. Some days I would fall after getting out of bed. I still am not a morning person and am quite groggy, but I don't have that extreme dizziness like I used to. I am going through a 6 week physical therapy program because of the damage in my neck. So strange how it all happened and my neck didn't feel that bad - just my head felt bad.

It's definitely good to also get your blood pressure, blood sugar, and other blood checks done too. I've also been hearing more and more about hypothyroidism being quite common and missed a lot of times, so even a full thyroid panel (not just the regular blood test, which only measures one number) would be good. This would also give you the chronic fatigue. I need to get more tests done myself, but definitely consider it for you!

Old 05-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
(female)

heretohelp13 HB Userheretohelp13 HB User

How do you sleep (on your back, on your side, etc)?

I found that sleeping on a pillow that supports my neck and sleeping on my back has helped. I went to a chiro for headaches and was told my neck was "straight" and lost it's natural curve. She is helping me with that (it does seem to help).

Keep us posted!

Old 05-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Very interesting and that's great that you found a better way to sleep! I typically sleep on my side, but I'm still struggling with being comfortable since I was a stomach sleeper. Some nights I have trouble getting to sleep since I'm not comfortable, but it's getting better! My doctor told me that some people do well on their backs and some develop back of the head type pains, and same goes for side sleepers - so whichever works best for you! He mentioned to definitely avoid sleeping on the stomach though since that tends to be the easiest way to hurt yourself while sleeping (unless you are sleeping on one of those tables with the hole for your head so you can lay straight, I imagine!).

Closed Thread