It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
(female)

mochii HB User
Post Pain at the right back side of the head where the neck connects with the head.

Its been a while now that i have had this pain at the back of my head where the neck connects to the head. Everytime i cough or turn sideways i would feel it or whenever i move my head i feel like something is shaking inside the lower right side of my head. the pain is located just on the right side of my head but not the entire right side, Its just that part where my neck meets my head that soft part at the back of my head and just on the right side. I don't know what i should do. If i need to be worried and see a doctor. Please Help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Pain at the right back side of the head where the neck connects with the head.

Have you ever looked into cervicogenic headaches? These are at the back and base of the head. It's possible that yours might just be on one side depending on exactly what is causing it. I had tension headaches and migraines for a while, but a couple of months ago I started getting these kinds of pains and they continued to get worse. At the worst, they would turn into a migraine every evening. My migraine medication was very effective for them (worked better than any of my other kinds of migraines!) which was nice, but I was going through pills too quickly since I only get a limited amount each month. I saw a doctor that specializes in this kind of headache and have had wonderful results. His goal is that I won't need to take as much medication as I go through the treatment and progress. Basically, there may be some kind of irritation/stress in the neck that causes it. For me, I have what seems to be bulging discs at the top of my neck. Good luck and hope you are able to find relief!

PS- my doctor is having me go through special physical therapy as my treatment. It's a slower process because it's very gradual. I am sure a chiropractor could also assist, but I was worried about the risks involved with neck adjustments.

Last edited by tUrRrRa; 05-05-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread