It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
(female)

Breadbird HB User
Frequent headaches: should I see a doctor

Hi,
Lately I have been having frequent headaches, as in once a day or every other day for a week.
I know that I have migraines, optical migraines specifically but this is not like those.I get sinus headaches frequently as well but it doesn't feel like that either. I don't believe it to be tension headaches either.
Should I see my doctor?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
(female)

green43050 HB User
Re: Frequent headaches: should I see a doctor

You should definitely see your doctor to be safe.

If the pain gets really bad try eating a raw cucumber. My husband gets migraines and it helps faster than any pills. Something to do with the natural acids in the center. it has also helped others who have tried it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User

I will also recommend you see a doctor. Migraines can change over time and get worse or better. Daily headaches could be cluster headaches. Start a migraine diary and get in to see the neurologist.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Honestly I would see one if you find that it's really affecting your quality of life, because any kind of headache isn't fun to deal with. They can at least help you find what might be causing the daily headaches. If it is different than your migraines, it can definitely be unrelated OR related. My doctor believed that some of my different kinds of headaches were related in one way or another, but have their differences. I went way too long without seeing a doctor for my migraines and only went when I felt like it was affecting others around me too. For whatever reason, I felt like I should just deal with the pain and didn't really care about how I felt, but when it started bothering my loved ones, I realized it was a problem I needed to get under control! I'd definitely suggest talking to a doctor much earlier than I ever did, especially to avoid the possibility of it getting worse. Best of luck to you!

Old 05-23-2011, 01:19 AM   #5
(female)

Breadbird HB User

Thanks for your replies. I've got a doctors appointment on Tuesday. I kept a detailed headache journal all week (definitely had headaches every day) so I'll be taking that with me.

Closed Thread