It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Headache with heartbeat and bowel movements

I'm not sure if I am in the right topic board. But here goes. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this and if it's a sign of concern or something normal.

When I poop I usually don't push till I have a bowel moment, then I push, and not very hard, just enough to let the long poop come out, I'd say this take all a few seconds and no straining at all. Now immediately afterwards right when the poop hits the water, I get intense beating of my heart fast and hard as if I can feel it pumping in my chest. Than there is a very very loud whoosing noise in my ears to the beat of my heart. It's so loud I can't hear anything else and at the same time right when I begin to become deaf with the whoosing heart beat, I get an unbearable intense heatache, so painful.

Now this only last about 5 seconds or less after a bowel movement. I did try to look up my symptoms and came across cluster headache. I have all the symptoms except mine don't have these intense headache for more than 5 seconds, and my case is different in that my whoosing sound of my heart only comes after a bowel moment.

So I don't know if I have a heart problem, a brain problem, or an intestinal problem, of maybe perhaps all of the above.

I know I am not going to die, but the 5 secs after a bowel moment makes me feel like I'm going to die but only for that 5 secs. then all is back to normal. And yet it's not all the time. Only when I have a bowel movement where the intenstines are moving on their own. If I was just pooping myself without a bowel movement and just pushing, I never get theses wierd going to die episodes. Weird huh? And I don't even push hard. I already took a PFO test for my heart and it came out fine.

I've been having these since a child, but very rare, but now after a tramatic head injury a year ago, I get these all the time when I poop, actually almost every time, I poop I at least have one of these episode. I wouldn't call it a migraine because the pain in the head makes me feel like I'm dying along with the heart palpitating. It's worse than a bad headache.

Is this normal? Or is this a sign of something worse to come? Does anyone else get this? I know only 5 secs a day of this isn't suffering but any advice or comments are appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
(female)

divadeb HB User
Unhappy Re: Headache with heartbeat and bowel movements

I will be feeling great and go to poop normally when my head starts pounding and throbbing so intense I feel like it will explode and I will die. HORRIFIC PAIN and at the same time I feel my heartbeat in rhythm to the POUNDING headache like an ax is splitting my head open. I don't push or the headache is worse if thats possible...PLEASE ANYONE WITH this send help !!!

and.....
Leaning over I get pounding headaches

My eyes feel like they are going to pop out of my head

anyone else have these symptoms
xoxoxo THNK YOU!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
(female)

ninala0221 HB User
Re: Headache with heartbeat and bowel movements

Maybe it has something to do with your Vagus Nerve being stimulated...

Old 03-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User
Re: Headache with heartbeat and bowel movements

Just as an update, I have been having diarrhea like poop and bowel movements for about 2 years every couple days or so. I thought this was due to stress. But because of the violent bowel movements I would get the piercing headaches with the pounding of my heart in my ears of every 5 secs of bowel movements.

I am now glad to update that I had my stool sample tested this past january and it came up positive for a protozan bug! I common one that gives diarrhea. So for two weeks I was on meds to kill the bug and guess what?! I have normal stool and bowel movements and I have not had a headache with a bowel movement since!

I can truely say I was cured and the cause was the intestinal bug. However I still don't have an answer to why diarrhea and intense bowel movements causes these cluster headache type eposiodes.

Closed Thread