It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

alepamertin HB User
Migraines and Palpitations

Hi everyone!
Iím a thirty year old healthy woman with no history of migraines, or any disease. Since last February I started having migraines. I started having migraines once a week but now I have them everyday. I went to see my doctor and he wasnít really concerned about anything serious. I have palpitations with skipped heartbeats. I also had some abnormal blood tests and I never had abnormal blood tests results before (high white blood count, a little low red blood count, high ESR to name a few. My ESR went from 35 to 43 and then to 68). I got referrals for a cardiologist and a neurologist. I had a 24hr heart monitor and I was diagnosed with Mobitz I because it happened during the night. The cardiologist said that is not normal to have this kind of heart block while youíre awake but is normal for fit young individuals to have this kind of heart block during sleep time, and is benign. By the way I rarely exercise. I got a little upset because this was happening while I was awake before I had the monitor on me. I had a CT without contrast and an MRI with and without contrast which were normal. The neurologist didnít find anything abnormal during the physical exam. Sometimes I feel dizzy and nauseous. My body feels really tired, I feel constantly itchy. Sometimes I have pins and needles sensations on my arms and legs. My last blood test results look better and the ESR went down to 48 so they all think that maybe it was a virus. I still have the symptoms though. My doctor also tested my B12 and it was normal.
I have a very difficult time getting things done at work and at home becomes of the migraines and the fatigue. Just to give you an example, I cook and wash dishes while seating on a high chair because I feel exhausted. I was prescribed citalopram because my doctor thinks that Iím depressed. I started taking it a week ago with no results so far. I donít feel like myself anymore. I was very healthy and now I feel like a totally different person.
Is anybody experiencing something similar? I will appreciate any input. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread