It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
(female)

jkaise5358 HB User
Recurring Headache In Top Right Side Of Head And Forehead

I am 23 years old. I have been having the same kind of headache for about 4 or 5 years, maybe even longer. I don't go to the doctor for regular checkups, haven't had a proper physical in years. I work for a doctor now, though, and he has looked at me. When I told him about the headache, he simply called it a "recurring sinus headache", but I am not so sure. He is sending me to get an xray of my sinus cavities, but I haven't set the appointment up for myself yet. I plan on going for the xray sometime next week.

I don't pay enough attention to it to know exactly what triggers it. It seems to me that it just comes very randomly. I don't get it everyday, and sometimes I can even go quite a while (sometimes even months) without experiencing this headache.

The headache is in the top right side of my head, and it is always in the exact same spot. The pain always branches out from the same spot where it starts. The pain usually spreads to my forehead and sometimes I even can feel some pain behind my right eye. I get forehead pressure. Pain sometimes above my right ear. But it all comes from the same spot at the top of my head. It is a very annoying pain. Usually when it starts it will come and go throughout the day and just stop as randomly as it starts.

It has never really occured to me that something is seriously wrong. I have no other bad symptoms. But I am SICK of this, and am ready to have it taken care of, whatever it is. Next week I will really start trying to get to the root of this headache. I probably should have done it sooner, but I guess I was just tolerating it, and hoping it would just go away!

Could it really just be sinuses? Could it be a tension headache? Could it be caused by stress? Could it be caused by bad posture? Sometimes I do feel like the muscles in my neck and shoulders are tight, could that be related to this headache? Anybody who could please take the time to read this and give me some advice would be greatly appreciated. I am at my wits end with this. I just had this headache about an hour ago. I was just watching tv with my daughter, and it came on suddenly, and this one was pretty bad. I still can feel some leftover pressure and once in a while some dull pain, but its not as severe as it was an hour ago. It's been so long, and I just want to finally be rid of this annoying headache. Please respond

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Recurring Headache In Top Right Side Of Head And Forehead

It could be caused by sinuses, stress or tension. These headaches are not true migranes and are usually treated differently.

I would recommend that you look up headache diary's on the internet and start keeping a detailed copy. This can help your doctor or neurologist in determining what type of headaches you are having and your triggers.

I wish you luck and success in determining the cause of these headaches.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
(male)

itchyeyelid HB User

The truth is you are never going to know for sure unless you get some tests done...

Old 08-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
(male)

AnxietyD HB User

I been suffering frm the same thing when i wake up it starts off as a pulse then the pressure comes ive had it for 5 months now its very very annoying

Closed Thread