It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

jamie007 HB Userjamie007 HB User
wavy lines in peripheal vision need answers please!

So for many years i've had these wavy lines BEFORE i would get a migraine. the last year or two i've gotten this random wavy lines in my peripheal visison. Some times they seem to come every single flippin day then disappear for days on end. I do not know what triggers them either. Today I am having them bad!!! Driving me nuts.

This is what happens. I can be sitting away from a window or a light source and see the wavy lines from my side vision, I can look toward the light source and I do not see them again. When ever I look toward the light they are not there, only when I look at the light source from the side. Sometimes I do get a mild headache from this but most times I just get this wavy annoying light!

Right now I am sitting at my computer and there is a window to my left, I can see the lights wavying as i am typing. If I look at the window I do not see them. If I go in my kitchen and sit at the table, there is a door to my right, I can see th wavy lines to my right and if I look they disappear...they are not gone I just dont see them when I look at the light, they are mainly on my side vision. If I were to step outside right now they will be on BOTH sides of my vision, wavy lines on both sides of my eyes and sometimes even at the top of my eyes. this ruins my whole day beause i cannot go ouutside with these wavy lines in my vision...theyare very distracting! Any insight into what this is, migraine wavy lines but no migraine and what can I do about them? I've told my dr. and she does nothing..will migrain meds help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: wavy lines in peripheal vision need answers please!

It sounds like a migraine aura.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

sounds like an occular migraine

Old 08-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
(female)

I did read about occular migraines and I believe you are correct too. I am on a waiting lis to see a neurologist and the list is 3 to 6 months long! some days I get and they last the whole day where I cannot even leave my house without them really bothering me to the point that I just go back inside....other days they are not even there what so ever, some day they are there briefly..I cant tie them into anything which makes it even worse. thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

it happens to a couple of us at work sometimes and we eat chocolate when it does, or drink a coke or coffee......caffeine sometimes helps get rid of it.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
(female)

charsalon HB User

I dont know why you are having so many but these are called auras. Mine looks like the fumes coming off of our grill and they last exactly 20 minutes..Sometimes a headache will follow and sometimes not...

Old 08-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charsalon View Post
I dont know why you are having so many but these are called auras. Mine looks like the fumes coming off of our grill and they last exactly 20 minutes..Sometimes a headache will follow and sometimes not...
charsalon, Do you know why you have them? I seem to get them in spurts so wonder if allergy related or eye strain related, I just dont know...I am on a waiting list to see nerologist but wont be till nov some time. Been luck (knocking on wood) and not had any for a bit now, but one only for the day. I wish they didnt hang around all day, ugggh.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
(female)

charsalon HB User

You really do need to see a neurologist. These are called occular migraines. Mine usually only last 20 minutes and they can come on so fast. I havent had one in a long time but I do have migraines at least 3 times a week. Good luck when you get in to see a Dr. It was an eye Dr that diagnosed the occular migraines.

Closed Thread