It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
(male)

swiminfast HB User
Constant

Hey everyone,
Just looking for things to try, any suggestions are more than appreciated. I have had migraines since I have been hospitalized about a dozen times with them since them. But in December I had begun to get headaches everyday. At first they were manageable without medicine, but they have become progressively worse, and I once was one of the most active people alive, constantly doing things. And now I have been reduced to laying around all day just so I can function for one event during the evening. As of right now I'm on methergine, .4mg 3 times daily. So I guess, I'm just wondering if there is anything that has worked for any of you guys? I just want to have my energy back and be able to do the things I once loved to do. We have tried various medications to no avail.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
swiminfast

Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Constant

Are your daily headaches migraines or the start of migraines, or do they feel different? Unfortunately I've also had to greatly decrease my energy and have to rest quite a bit. Definitely a frustrating thing when you are truly an active person

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
(male)

swiminfast HB User

They are different that my migraines not nearly as severe as the migraine itself but still exhausting as I'm sure you know. They are different in the pain were when I have a migraine it is more sharp and uncontrollable, but with these headaches it is more of an ache until it begins to get worse generally over a 6 on the 1-10 pain scale. Only then when it surpasses the 6 does it begin to resemble the pain from my migraines.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Sounds kind of similar to what I have... I've had a constant ache for the last 6 months and it gradually gets worse as the day goes on and gets a little better when I lay down. For me it seems to be stemming from some kind of neck issue and the pain starts in the base of my skull and radiates upwards as the day goes on. Unfortunately like you, if it gets severe enough as the day goes on, it can certainly turn into a migraine or at least be very similar to one. I just saw a new doctor today for a second opinion. I went through physical therapy and saw other doctors and had no luck! Do you happen to have any symptoms towards the back of your head as well, or are they more in the temples or front? Another possibility for me other than the neck issues would be from clenching my teeth while sleeping. This can also cause constant headaches and other symptoms, yet your teeth are perfectly fine. Just one other idea...

Closed Thread