It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
(male)

devon973 HB User
Red face On-Going Headaches

Hi there, this is my first post on this site. I came here hoping someone could explain to me what was happening. For the past month, I've been having these odd headaches. They're not really a pain, more of a discomfort. They've been more noticeable in the last couple of days or so. I get it mostly on the top of my head, a bit to the left. It seems to throb a bit. I also get them at the back of my head and in my temples. Also, I sometimes feel pressure on the top of my eyes. I thought it was a long-lasting migraine problem, but I haven't been feeling nauseous or have been experiencing sensitivity to light or sound. Some factors I think might be causing it is for the last while, I have had a very different sleeping pattern (Falling asleep at 6 am and waking up at 2 pm). I do spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen as well. I am also an avid coffee drinker too, so I do have a lot of caffeine daily. Another thing I would like to suggest is that high blood pressure runs in my family, so maybe these headaches are from that? I have recently started taking 2 tablets of Excedrin Migraine, which seems to help a bit. Any ideas would be great because I am a bit paranoid I might have some horrible disease

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
Re: On-Going Headaches

Hi Devon973 welcome to the board. You should see a dr. I myself have migraines and at times headaches for weeks. For you it could be stress, sinus, or mini migrains. Being on the computer so long can cause eye strain. And caffine, oh how we can't live without it can cause headache. True high blood pressure may cause headaches. Get checked out by a dr. also so food will trigger headaches. Maybe you should keep a diary. I don't think you have a weird disease. Keep going strong and take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

Hey Dee is right. I tell everyone some of the same things. I am a 32 year migraine sufferer. Take some time look on Web MD they have a list of foods that cause headaches. I put myself through a 60 day trial and error and found that all of them gave me hedaches, Some small, some severe and some quite quickly. Also be careful using over the counter. I used to be a fool and did not go to doctors and did not realize how dangerous they really could be. So Don't use any one type for more than a week switch out. I don't mean by brand by drug type, Ibuprophen, aceteametaphen, Naproxen etc. They are dangerous - I almost gave myself a heart attack. I always suggest a Neurologist for headaches, I went to so many Doctors, trust me I love my Neurologist. Take Care

Old 09-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

See it is the small things that cause big problems. One food that triggers my headache, and I love it, is cheese. What a bummer. I am happy for you that you found some triggers too. Now you can lesses some of your headaches. Best of luck

Old 10-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
(male)

devon973 HB User

Thanks for the advice everyone! I got blood work done and got my blood pressure taken at the hospital. It was really high, so they said to wait and see what my doctor says. Sooo, I went to the doctors for my results and to get my blood pressure checked again and found out that I am perfectly fine. My results showed nothing wrong, like I have good cholesterol, my kidneys are in great shape, stuff like that. And he took my blood pressure and it came up normal. He said it might have been high at the hospital because I was really stressing about it. And he said my headaches could be from spending g too much time on the computer and that it could be straining my eyes. He suggested I go see an optometrist, so I will

Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
(female)

seascanmper HB User

Hmmm? Do you normally have migrains? I would recommend getting your eyes checked and getting a no glare screen to cover your computer screen. Decrease your caffeine consumption by at least a cup a day at first. Don't need the withdrawl from caffeine. I would try to take a break from the puter at least every 2 hours for about 10mins and give your eyes a break. Also check your chair.........You might be causing upper back and neck strain. If this doesn't work by all means getting your blood pressure check wouldn't hurt either, Even if it does work I would monitor my blood pressure especially where it runs in your family. Let me know if this helps at all. If not I'll suggest some additional things you could try. Good Luck.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

The food that breaks my heart is FRESH HOT BROWNIES....OMG can't eat them anymore at all, major headache within 30 minutes 2 brownies in had migraine so bad with tunnel vision nauseanumbness in the hands and couldn't shake it even with Imitrex 100mg for 2 days LOL OOOOOO how I miss FRESH HOT BROWNIES LOL

Old 11-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
(male)

kentom78 HB User

hi! iluv, do you have a web address where i could study this list of foods that could cause headache, I've had my headache 24/7 for the last 7 months, not very painful but always there.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
(male)

kentom78 HB User
Thumbs up Re: On-Going Headaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv View Post
Hey Dee is right. I tell everyone some of the same things. I am a 32 year migraine sufferer. Take some time look on Web MD they have a list of foods that cause headaches. I put myself through a 60 day trial and error and found that all of them gave me hedaches, Some small, some severe and some quite quickly. Also be careful using over the counter. I used to be a fool and did not go to doctors and did not realize how dangerous they really could be. So Don't use any one type for more than a week switch out. I don't mean by brand by drug type, Ibuprophen, aceteametaphen, Naproxen etc. They are dangerous - I almost gave myself a heart attack. I always suggest a Neurologist for headaches, I went to so many Doctors, trust me I love my Neurologist. Take Care
hi! iluv, do you have a web address where i could study this list of foods that could cause headache, I've had my headache 24/7 for the last 7 months, not very painful but always there.

Closed Thread