It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
(female)

seascanmper HB User
headache with slurred speech, coordination issues, and memory issues

When I start with a bad migraine I have slurred speech and coordination issues. If I don't get the headache under control then I have issues with memory. This scares me and people either think I'm on something or drunk. I don't know how to deal with this or to defend myself. I'm desperate. Does anyone else have these issues and any suggestions for treatment. I have tried almost every treatment I know of.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User
Re: headache with slurred speech, coordination issues, and memory issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by seascanmper View Post
When I start with a bad migraine I have slurred speech and coordination issues. If I don't get the headache under control then I have issues with memory. This scares me and people either think I'm on something or drunk. I don't know how to deal with this or to defend myself. I'm desperate. Does anyone else have these issues and any suggestions for treatment. I have tried almost every treatment I know of.
My migraines do effect my coordination and memory. I have had so many for so long but I dont think I ever have slurred speech. I didn't handle my problem well for many years. So the first thing I'm going to ask you to do is not to be what I was. Please go to a Neurologist. Let them check you out. There are medications that prevent the onset or even when the onset occurs it.s not nearly as bad. The regiment I'm on now, and have been for about a year and a half is Nortriptilyne & Topomax daily & Imitrex as needed. A Neurologist may not give you the same regiment. But that is your place to start. Also, I try to tell everyone that on Web MD there's a list of foods that trigger migraines. Well i put myself through a 60 day trial and error with these foods, some gave me small headaches, some bad ones and some quite quickly. It was a real learning process. In life we get busy we eat do our thing and don't pay attention to our surroundings, then all of a sudden we are down for the count with a migraine. Really, make an appointment, look at the food triggers and make a headache diary so when you go to your appointment you can explain fully about your INDIVIDUAL condition. You will be surprised at some of the most simple things that can cause and prevent a migraine and its symptoms. I hope this was helpful. Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to iluv For This Useful Post:
seascanmper (10-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
(female)

seascanmper HB User

I have an appointment with a neurologist. I have been on a trial with those meds and I had every side effect one could manage. Will look into the food thing. Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to seascanmper:
iluv (10-07-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

Please keep me updated if you would, a person never knows when their own regiment will no longer work. I hope it all works out. if I can help please feel free to ask. Life is not easy living with migraines. I can promise you this last year or so have been the easiest for me.

Closed Thread