It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
(female)

DeAr92 HB User
Exclamation Unusual Headaches

Recently, my frequent headaches have been hurting more than usual, and have been getting more frequent. In my last worse cases, I felt something in my forehead, like a surge of blood popping, and I got extreme dizziness. Afterwards, I cannot move due to the feeling of dizziness, I feel as though I am unable to think, everything around me just seems so surreal. I also get frequent ringing in my ears, sometimes they cause the headaches. And recently, I have trouble remembering things more than usual, and when I try to remember, or concentrate my mind on something, I get a headache as well.

Am I overreacting by being concerned?

DeAr

Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
(female)

AuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB UserAuntNanc HB User
Re: Unusual Headaches

You said your head hurts "more than usual." How long has this been going on and have you ever seen a doctor, and specifically a neurologist, at any point for your headaches? If not, go, run, see a doctor! Headaches, especially migraines, come in many forms and levels of severity. I have suffered from migraines for many years, though rarely to the level of yours. On the other hand, I have an old friend who shared some of your symptoms and would suffer partial paralysis. Initially, they thought he was suffering mini strokes. Only after extensive testing, did they finally make the correct diagnosis. My point is this. You could be suffering from some form of migraine activity. Or you could have something entirely different or more serious. Have you bumped your head at any point? There could be a myriad of causes for your pain. What are you waiting for? If it is migraine, there are treatments to help control the symptoms and the pain. And if it's not migraine, don't you want to know? See your doctor and ask about the possibility of seeing a neurologist, Please don't let this go.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntNanc For This Useful Post:
DeAr92 (10-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
(female)

DeAr92 HB User

It's not so much pain as it is the dizziness and the ringing in my head...And no, I have not bumped my head recently ^^;
It's been going on for a few recent months now. My arms do go to sleep/become numb easily as well...But it's usually when I wake up, so I usually think it's because I slept wrong....

The truth is, I really DO want to get diagnosed, or for a doctor to say I'm okay or something, but....I'm still unfortunately dependent on my parents, and I don't have a job...We don't have health insurance because my dad is unemployed, and my mom's work doesn't offer it for the family.
It's not a question of want to, but unable to... I would just go to mu school clinic as usual, but I doubt they would have a solution ^^;

But thank you for replying...I wasn't sure if I was just being stupid or not for being worried. I'll wait to see if it goes away....I don't want to be a financial burden ^^; But if it continues, I'll let my parents know.

Thank you again ^-^

Old 10-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #4
(female)

Sorry, DeAr92. I grew up under very similar circumstances. So I understand completely where you're coming from financially. May I ask your age? I assume you're a teen as you mentioned the school clinic. Everyone "sleeps wrong" every now and then. But, the symptoms you've described are definitely not normal for an otherwise healthy young person. Assuming you don't have any preexisting conditions you haven't mentioned, you have every reason to be concerned. At the very least, I think you need to let your parents know what you're experiencing, even if you can't go to the doctor right now. Hopefully you're right and it will all clear up soon on its own. But, what if - worse case scenario - you were to suddenly get sicker and weren't able to let anyone know you've had ongoing symptoms that could now be important to your diagnosis? Believe me, I understand your not wanting to worry them, given their financial problems. I was the same way at your age. But, if your parents are anything like mine were, they'll be more upset that you kept it to yourself. Don't feel guilty. It's not your fault and this is your health we're talking about.

I don't know where you live. But in a lot of areas, free clinics are available for patients with low incomes or with no insurance. You might check to see if any are available near you. Do an internet search for "low income health care clinics near ____." Just a thought. But, whatever else you do, please tell your parents. Praying you're soon feeling normal again.

The following user gives a hug of support to AuntNanc:
DeAr92 (10-11-2011)
DeAr92 (10-11-2011)
Old 10-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
(female)

DeAr92 HB User

Yes, I'm 19 ^-^
And you're right, my parents would be more upset with me if I just kept it to myself...And that's a good idea I'll look for clinics around the area then...Thank you

Thank you a lot for the help...Maybe I'll tell my parents after all.
I just hope I don't put us into deeper debt ^^;

And thank you for your prayer....It comforts me to know that someone out there is concerned and is looking out for me

Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
(female)

You're very welcome. I look forward to hearing that you've made it to the doctor and all is well. Hang in there.

DeAr92 (10-11-2011)
Closed Thread