It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
(female)

Pokabu HB User
Red face Headaches, vision problem and Lump on Back of Neck.

I have headaches on the right side of my head as well as neck pain a lump (that feels like a small golf ball) to the right and bottom of the bone in my neck I also have been seeing circles in front of my eyes they look like light blue like ink o o <-----like this in front of my vision (like i have a pair of glasses halfway on. I even see them when I close my eyes this was the first problem I had before the lump. I woke up 2 nights ago at 5am shaking and having a cold sweat and nausea, weakness as well, my friend gave me a banana and it went away...

Any suggestions besides going to the doctor? (I have made an appt already but it's 2 weeks from now.) what do you think it could be? Please let me know what this sounds like.

ACTIVITY:

I have been using a lot of Albuterol this year because my breathing has not been good at all. About 1 puff every 2 hours because I am so short of breath.

I have been on Amoxicicillin for 10 days at a time twice This year.

I am also using Xopenex inhaler for breathing as well once a day switching between albuterol.

using Ibuprophen 800mg for the pain 1 twice a day.

I also have some cavities and absess tooths going on for over 2 years now. have been going away with antibiotics and pain meds. don't know if it has anything to do with it.

thanks!

Last edited by Pokabu; 10-15-2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: typos

Old 10-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
(male)

Bunie HB User
Re: Headaches, vision problem and Lump on Back of Neck.

With visual disturbances like that, i wouldnt wait, i suggest going to the ER to get looked at to make sure youre fine until you can see your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

We're not doctors just people who have experienced a lot of things. Your doctors appointment is it with your MD or a Neurologist. I firmly suggest a Neurologist. I also do agree with the possibility of the ER. They should do at least a CT to make sure of anyhthing else going on. It is safe for 2400 mg of Ibuprofen a day, but that should only be a short period if it will help with pain.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
(female)

Pokabu HB User

The Pain is gone for now and i see the circles when i same up or shut My eyes but the lump is still there, i know you guys are not doctores but i still want to hear your opinión or thoughts thanks.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
(male)

Bunie HB User

Im not sure if the lump is or isnt related but it sounds like you have pressure on your eyes wich could indicate somthing being wrong with your brain. with the lump on the back of your neck, its possible it could have somthing to do with your brain stem, or perhaps its not related at all (Does poking/moving the lump, affect your vision/headache?) With the problems with your vision, i would NOT put that off a single moment, Visit the ER as soon as possible. if it is a problem with your brain, it is completely possible for you to suddenly "Drop".

I dont want to scare you too much, but anytime you have vision issues such as that, especially with a headache, in my book that requires immediate medical attention, not an appointment (Though you should make one after they rule some life-threatening issues out with a CT) It could very well be IICP (Also referred to as Mass Effect?)
waking up feeling worse is generally another sign of iicp/swelling in the brain. Go to the ER. let us know what they say.

Last edited by Bunie; 10-17-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
(female)

Pokabu HB User

It does not move and it does hurt a bit when i poke it and My right side of My head starts to hurt a bit after touching it, pain Went away when i left it alone. i also noticed it hurts on My right side of My neck when i poke it too.

Last edited by Pokabu; 10-18-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Closed Thread