It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

Bobbilynn HB User
Question Magnesium for migraines

I have read for some time that magnesium can do wonders for getting rid of migraines. Now I need to know if it can help me. Kiwi seems to show up in my searching as a great migraine reliever too-- who knew?!

Has anyone taken magnesium and found relief? I don't know what amounts to start with, or what dosage amounts are the best. My doctor is fed up with me, and I'm fed up with headaches. I have an entire drawer of meds that don't work for me, and I'm looking for answers.

So, anyone with any advice, PLEASE post!! Thank you!!

Last edited by Bobbilynn; 11-02-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Magnesium for migraines

It didn't work for me, but I still recommend giving it a try! I know people who did find some relief and one who even completely got rid of their migraines. Usually it's 400-500 mg to take each day. I took 400 mg per day and tried it for a couple of months, but stopped later on. Supposedly some people have low magnesium and this can trigger migraines! Since it's pretty simple to try and no prescription is needed, I'd definitely recommend trying it. You might also want to look into feverfew and migralieve. I've heard that these can be helpful supplements too! I also tried taking vitamin B2 but taking the higher dosages seemed to give me side effects with my bladder (which by the way, isn't common according to my doctor). For me though, my remaining migraines are hormone-related or have a specific trigger, so that's probably why they didn't work for me! One other person also recently told me that an ingredient in their allergy pills were triggering migraines, so that's one other thing to watch out for.

Good luck and I hope it helps you! I understand how frustrating it is to deal with headaches and migraines, so I hope you find some relief soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread