It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
(female)

GRIZtheninja HB User
Exclamation Constant pressure on the right side of might head PLEASE HELP!

I know this is not a headache or migrane, but this is the closest I can get to physical problems that have to do with the head.

For about a month now I have been having odd sensations on there right side of my head. At first it was sort of like a pressure and tingling feeling just on the RIGHT SIDE of my head. After a week of that I went to see a doctor and she told me it was shingles. (I disagreed, but she insisted) Well, after I finished my prescription, I continued to have this sensation, but it seemed to have intensified. Now it has gotten as far as a minor headache from time to time, but rarely. Still on the RIGHT SIDE OF MY HEAD and I can hear pulsating in my right ear only. At first it was only random, but not it has gotten constant. My right ear feels clogged and it is still pulsating. But all of this is virtually painless. Most of the time I don't feel anything but pressure. But from time to time I will have a headache here or there.
It has been a month now and I am just so tired and scared. I have been to the doctor's twice and they have told me nothing. They won't give me a CT scan or MRI because this is not affecting me phsycially anywhere else.
They are right, I have not lost my sight. I do not have numbing, twitching, or seizures, but the pressure is really getting to me. I have also noticed my right eye becoming redder than my left.
I don't want to have to go to the doctors for them to tell me nothing again. Can someone just give me the slightest idea of what this could be, please? I am so scared. I am only 20 years old. I don't have any serious past illnesses. I have experienced headaches in the past, but they always go away. PLEASE REMEMBER: the problem I am having is virtually PAINLESS. Meaning I rarely ever feel pain. There is nothing that makes it worse and there is nothing that makes it better other than sleep. It is CONSTANT.

Thank you for your help

The Following User Says Thank You to GRIZtheninja For This Useful Post:
ajith kulathil (07-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
(female)

Murphy85 HB User
Re: Constant pressure on the right side of might head PLEASE HELP!

If I were you, I would go to the ER and tell them you have hit your head a couple days ago and tell them your symptoms. The will do a ct thinkin it could be a concussion. If there's anything else going on it will come up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZtheninja View Post
I know this is not a headache or migrane, but this is the closest I can get to physical problems that have to do with the head.

For about a month now I have been having odd sensations on there right side of my head. At first it was sort of like a pressure and tingling feeling just on the RIGHT SIDE of my head. After a week of that I went to see a doctor and she told me it was shingles. (I disagreed, but she insisted) Well, after I finished my prescription, I continued to have this sensation, but it seemed to have intensified. Now it has gotten as far as a minor headache from time to time, but rarely. Still on the RIGHT SIDE OF MY HEAD and I can hear pulsating in my right ear only. At first it was only random, but not it has gotten constant. My right ear feels clogged and it is still pulsating. But all of this is virtually painless. Most of the time I don't feel anything but pressure. But from time to time I will have a headache here or there.
It has been a month now and I am just so tired and scared. I have been to the doctor's twice and they have told me nothing. They won't give me a CT scan or MRI because this is not affecting me phsycially anywhere else.
They are right, I have not lost my sight. I do not have numbing, twitching, or seizures, but the pressure is really getting to me. I have also noticed my right eye becoming redder than my left.
I don't want to have to go to the doctors for them to tell me nothing again. Can someone just give me the slightest idea of what this could be, please? I am so scared. I am only 20 years old. I don't have any serious past illnesses. I have experienced headaches in the past, but they always go away. PLEASE REMEMBER: the problem I am having is virtually PAINLESS. Meaning I rarely ever feel pain. There is nothing that makes it worse and there is nothing that makes it better other than sleep. It is CONSTANT.

Thank you for your help

Old 10-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
(female)

KSHUF HB User
Re: Constant pressure on the right side of might head PLEASE HELP!

I have this same issue!! It's been relentless for nearly 3 months now I did have a normal ct and also am on a (long) waitlist for an MRI. It's very frightening and frustrating ...

How are you doing now?

Reply Reply