It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
(female)

cbg10 HB User
Migraine

Hey all, I had posted a thread earlier in the day I don't even know exactly where as I couldn't find the Migraine section this afternoon. I just wanted to share how much more sympathy I have for you all that have suffered so much with Migraines. I have had Migraine Variant for many years and thought I knew what you all were going through. But I had the bigtime Migraine with all the bells and whisltes a week ago Sunday and ended up in ER. It was new to me and I had no idea what was happening to me. I have had it for several weeks now but the horrible horrible headache part of it was only on that one day. I have extreme vertigo, et al but feel so much better because of only having the slight headache now. I hadn't want to go on meds but I am now on some and we will see. I only have this in the Fall and Winter when the weather is changing so much and it is constantly changing right now. I would make a good weather woman !!! lol lol NEway, I am glad that we have this great message board available so we can talk to each other. I am worried as I don't know if I am going to have this all the time now since it is all new. Zounds. cbg

Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Migraine

I'm sorry to hear that your big migraine hit! I feel like when severe ones hit, you just feel "off" for a while, even when the pain goes away. I hope that you are able to keep them more moderate or prevent them altogether in the future. That must be difficult having the migraines from the weather changes! I'm not so sure of a medication that can possibly help with that. Are you thinking of trying anything in particular?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
(female)

cbg10 HB User

Thanks for your sympathy. I am still having it but not severely now. The Vertigo is the main thing now. My Neurologist as started me on Depacote. I had a week of the lowest level and Monday started on the level that I will take. So as yet I don't know if it will help. He thinks it will and since I have fought even trying it for several years I was bad enough I knew I had to try. The weather here is changing constantly. It was warm and sunny here yesterday and was many degrees colder and we had snow today. It has been about a month now and has really changed my lifestyle and I have a hard time accepting that. You guys that have had to endure it for so long I am sure are laughing at me knowing that I have a long ways to go at acceptance and I know that. I have never had anything wipe me out like this as I look at myself as tough. NOT !!! lol NEway, thanks for being there for me. I see the doctor right before Thanksgiving and hopefully, I will get some encouragement. Thanks again, cbg

Old 12-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #4
(male)

MalcolmW HB User

I have suffered from Migraines for the last 40 years, usually about once a month, but over the last 5 years it has gradually increased in frequency till about 5 months ago I was having them 2 or 3 times a week. The main symptoms were severe vision disturbance for about 30 mins followed by a dull headache lasting about 24 hours. At my last checkup my doctor mentioned that there was growing evidence that aspirin can be effective if taken as soon as the signs start. The next day I was on an flight to Italy and sure enough a migraine started. I immediately took 3 soluble aspirins (you can chew them easily without water). It didn't seem to do much at the time, but I didn't have another migraine for three weeks. Next time, again I took the aspirin. I've now been free of migraines for 4 months. Coincidence? Maybe, but I figure it must be worth a try. I've started taking 1/4 of an aspirin a day just for good measure. But if you have any stomach problems the experts say you should check with you physician first. Good luck.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:00 AM   #5
(female)

cbg10 HB User

I sooo appreciate your suggestion, thanks. My Neurologist had me try a regular aspirin daily but my tummy wouldn't tolorate it. I do take two baby aspirins a day and do fine with that. He does want me to try it again at some point. Plus, he says it adds to a defense against stroke and heart attack. I seem to be doing better as a whole. The Depakote didn't work nor the pain meds that he gave me so I am now taking an antidepressant and just Motrin for the pain. I don't have pain serious enough that I take anything for but do have the continued Vertigo and I am taking meds for that. That is very frustrating to me as I don't do slow. lol lol You would think I would learn to do it but I don't. NEway, I am plugging along. The doctor thinks perhaps another couple of weeks the weather will stablize. This has been the worst year ever. Thanks again, guys, for your support. cbg10

Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
(female)

cbg10 HB User
Re: Migraine woes

I sure can't help you but want you to know that I feel sorry for you that you are having such a time. Hang in there !! cbg

Reply Reply