It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

snugbug93 HB User
Migraines...MRI results...Ongoing...what spteps would you take???

Hi there, I have been having headaches for way over a year now and I had a bad fall on the ice way back landing backwards plus before that in a t-bone car accident, dr.s did an MRI at that time of the head to make sure I didnt have a tumor ect so I just continued to live with it. Since them Migraines came out and got really bad. I investigated further recently and had a recently MRI cause I had an episode to where it sent me to the ER cause I couldnt keep my head up. So when I had the MRI done because they were looking for the cause of tinging and coldness in my hands blaming it on the arthritis and I knew different. Anyway the MRI came back with this...I have at c5-6 there is posterior disc protrusion annular tear with effacement of inthrathecal space. Also there is mild loss of interverbal disc height and c5-c6 and small posterior disc protrusion at c3-c4 and c4-c5

Thanks if you can tell please what the tear means a.s.a.p!!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User
Re: Migraines...MRI results...Ongoing...what spteps would you take???

Snugbug -- I came back to this post when I saw the recent ones from Dec. 12, noting that you have not heard from many (any?). I'm sorry this has happened and you are feeling left out a bit. Sometimes people scroll through quickly to see what they can answer or add to, and move on quickly......
The only thing I can add is that I'm a migrainer and I can identify with the diagnostic google-de-****! Your docs are the best ones to explain, but have hope maybe someone who was busy on the weekend has similar results to you and can comment. Terrible time of year to get MRI results analyzed - with the holidays. I'm finding that when I'm in a "flare" cycle, frequent, brief breaks resting my neck and shoulder muscles throughout the day help me most.
Not much specific help to you I know, just wanted to say "I hear ya" !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread