It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
(male)

skipadee HB User
Is acupuncture worth it?

iv been diagnoised with migraines after 2 and a half years of searching for unexplained headaches,dizziness,fatigue,nausea,weakn ess etc. so im starting sodium valproate as a preventer and im getting sumptripatan in a few days as well as a abortive.I herd that acupuncture is ment to be good for migraines,is it worth it? and do you get any relief? do u have to have acu for the rest of ur life so it doesnt come back? any info is welcome thanks all

Old 12-20-2011, 04:20 AM   #2
(male)

kentom78 HB User
Re: Is acupuncture worth it?

Hi! skipadee, I have been suffering with a mild headache for 4 months now, I had the same headache 2 years ago I was prescribed antibiotics which gave no relief at all, so the GP after finding some knotted muscles in my neck and shoulders asked me if I'd ever tried Accupuncture, and would I like to try it I said "yes"and I've got to say after three sessions I was cured. But with this latest episode (oh, by the way the GP that gave me Accupuncture has since retired ill and the GPs that are there now are sceptical as regards alternative medicne) I've been 6 times to a professional Accupuncturist at £38 a go with no relief at all, so I've decided to cut my losses and wont be going back to the accupuncturist. But dont you be put off by this coz it worked the first time for me and it might for you it might be worth you trying a few sessions hope this helps good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread