It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
(male)

Halfnelson HB User
Headache with slurred speech?!

Hi all,

Approximately 4 months ago I developed a fuzzy, tingling sensation on the left side of my head. The tingling does not hurt but covers practically the entire side of my left head and mostly resides near the surface. I cannot recall exactly when I developed the symptoms but it may have been due to heavy weight lifting.

I have had a CT and MRI and both came back with no abnormalities. However, I am booked in to see a neurologist in one month.

The symptoms include mostly language difficulties e.g. slurred speech, trouble with articulation, and difficulty finding words. Sometimes I missplace a letter for another (e.g. lice for ice) or on bad days I say the wrong word entirely (although they are usually somehow related). It's like I know what I want to say but when I open my mouth I struggle with the sentence. I also have trouble reading and comprehending long spoken sentences. At the very beginning I also suffered coordination problems but they have ceased.

The symptoms are aggravated by any form of physical exertion. E.g. running, lifting weights, sex, climbing stairs, even urination. If I stop all forms of exertion for a few days my symptoms improve but do not go away completely.

All signs point to verbal apraxia of speech but the CT and MRI came back negative? I have no history of speech, reading, comprehension, or coordination problems either.

Any ideas on what is happening to me??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User
Re: Headache with slurred speech?!

WOW.. definatley seek medical advise those symptoms are all around the brain . could be stroke, annurism, clot, vascular flow issues or any other neurological issue(not trying to cause you to panick..sorry) just these are the first things that would pop in to my mind... good luck to you

Old 01-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
(male)

Seanhead HB User
Re: Headache with slurred speech?!

listen I think you should get another mri or ct scan at another hospital. Pick one that specializes in brain function. IT would make sense that you would be having speech issues with pain on your left side. The left half of the brain is where words are formed. I dont want to scare you but my grandmother had similar symtoms with the headaches and slurred speech and it turned out she had brain cancer, she then died a few months later. Get help as fast as possible. Also, changing your diet might help. Avoid processed foods and start juicing. Believe it or not fruits and vegetables have very strong healing properties.

Closed Thread