It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
(female)

sheebeedo HB User
Waking up in the middle of the night with a headache

Has anyone found out how to get rid of bad headaches at night.. I have been experiencing them for some time now and they have gotten so bad where I cannot get my head off the pillow. They come around 1:00 a.m. and last the rest of the night and into the morning hours. I don't have them every night. The next day I am dizzy, want to vomit, etc. Please HELP!!!!!? Thank you in advance for any advise you can give me....

Old 01-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Waking up in the middle of the night with a headache

To be able to figure out what might help, have you noticed any patterns or anything that might be causing them? Do you feel comfortable while sleeping and have a supportive pillow and mattress? I used to be a stomach sleeper and my doctor told me that I was stressing my neck and causing headaches, as well as chronic sinus pressure. I no longer sleep on my stomach.

If they are migraines, I unfortunately have struggled with this too. I've spent a long time figuring out what causes my migraines and understanding them a little more with the help of my doctors. I realized the worst of them were related to hormones for me. Since I would feel like you and not move and not even feel well enough to get up to take medicine, I tried to take preventive measures. If you are getting them pretty often, you may want to look into a preventive migraine medication. I was able to help level out my hormones some, but my doctor suggested I take certain medications not even related to migraines just around the times when I am expecting to feel bad, and it's been helping. I might wake up with a migraine, but it's not as severe as before.

As far as taking pain medication regularly, this can backfire since it can trigger rebound headaches if taken too often. I'd definitely look into other preventive measures first.

I wish I had a very straight forward answer for you, but I think it really depends on the type of headache and the cause (and figuring out the cause can be a big challenge)!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread