It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

Ashaleigh HB User
Thumbs down 4 month headache (pressure) on right side above ear. Worse at night.

I'm hoping someone here has some answers for me.

A few months ago I started getting headaches on the right side of my head. I had head heaviness in the back of my head, an shooting pains which triggered mild disassociation (only way I can describe it). The out of body feeling left me feeling like I was dying so one night we packed up and hit the ER... a cat scan was ordered. Cat scan came back clear. I should mention that a few weeks after the headaches started I went to an eye doctor and he found no symptoms of brain tumor, though I did need glasses. I haven't had a regular checkup in YEARS, and I've never had blood work done. Since I've had the CT scan I haven't had any disassociation which leads me to wonder if the pain wasn't making me so anxious it was messing with my mind.

So this headache...I don't tend to wake up with a headache, but as the day goes on the pain and pressure above my right ear builds to the point I am forced to take pain medication. The ER Doc sent me home with 20 vicodin, but I've only taken 5 in the last month. I try to take 3-4 ibuprofen instead. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. I still have some head heaviness in the back of my head, and the pain feels like pressure pain. It's not unbearable most of the time, just annoyingly painful. 5/10 most nights.

I've noticed my jaw pops on the right side, but only when I'm opening as wide as I can. Haven't noticed any pain in the jaw, though in the last week some teeth have started feeling achy.

Since all this has started I've been having weird pains throughout my body. My knuckles, my back, my teeth, my leg, my stomach on the upper left side. The worry has definitely kept me up at night. It's completely freaking me out which is making me more scared to go to the Dr. That on top of the fact I don't have a family Dr.

Thanks to anyone that has answers. xo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread