It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

mrsa85 HB User
left side face/head pain

Hello, I am new here...Ive never done chat boards for health bc Ive been fairly healthy.

I am hoping some one some where can help me with this. I do have an appt with a family Dr in a few days btw. In 2000 I started having tooth pain...my number 14 molar was infected (at the time I was a teen, had poor health care as a kid adn it developed into an abcess) the pain also was the entire left side of my face and my head..it was a horrible pain that completely took over me. I hurt so bad I didnt want to tlak to people and I wanted to be left alone...I was not however sensitive to light ect..like a migraine. It was not tearing stabbing or what you would think of as a cluster headache at all..I finally went to the dentist in 2006..took atbx and got it pulled. The pain went away. For 2 weeks. And then it was back (it was never constant..it would go away for a few weeks adn then all of a sudden come back) I was confused bc I thought the atbx and tooth extraction took care of it. Every since then the pain comes and goes like before..I really feel it starts in my tooth/sinus area even though its hard to pinpoint and goes to me eye my head all over my face and it hurts so bad my neck muscles and left arm get very tense. I went to a family DDS and his asst said it MAY be my wisdom tooth pressing on my sinus nerve..then I went to an oral surgon and he told me that it probably isnt my teeth and to make an appt witha family DR.

I am a little nervous now. I hope its just sinus and they can fix it with atbx. but of course "brain cancer" comes to mind. especially since I ahd a 1st cousin die of a brain tumor (the most logical part of me says that I am crazy for thinking that bc after all these years of pain things would have progressed and I would surely be experiencing even more dramitic stmptoms of cancer) BUT...I have a hard time understanding why there is soo much pain on ONLY the left side of my face and head. I was given Lortab but they make me aggitated and sort of high and I HATE that feeling. I was wondering if any one else had ever has this weird thing? Sorry this was so long..but I really appreciate anyone reading and responding..thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread