It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
(male)

HelpMePleaseplz HB User
SAnother headache

I am 17. I've had episodic headaches a couple of times. When I was 12 I had a persistent headache issue that lasted for weeks(!) and even though it went away I went to a doctor just to make sure I was okay. I thought I had something serious going on , but the doctor gave some pills and told to visit after a month. I was well and had no problems.

Ever since my childhood I've had OCD and severe hypochondria and always worry about 'stuff'. But around 2009 it worsened to a serious degree and I was going through depression and SERIOUS OCD(washing hands,doing things to calm the mind) and the doctor prescribed(the same doctor) Fluoxetine and told to fight it. The condition improved over the months, though I still have a few phobiac like traits, but I'm much better.

However later again in early 2010 I started having these persistent headaches which last for like 3 to 4 days. They were mostly concentrated on one side and the pain was really bad. From the left side back of head to the left eye, it was hard to do any sort of work.It was kinda triggered It went away after some days but returned within 1 day.... It continued for 3 months and eventually stopped.
I was kind of terrified to see a doctor this time and I didn't (I am the biggest fool on earth). But nothing sort of happened for that year and the next. Earlier this year I slipped on the floor and hurt the back of my head. The pain is kinda happening again, which I think is unrelated to that(still I mentioned it just in case) and initially though very slight a few times a day, I think its manifested itself and I'm feeling really scared. I can feel blood pulses through the veins near my ear, the left side and back of my head,the left neck region and my eye(my left eye has a very high optical power,which could be related in some way),and the continuous pain mostly on left and sometimes on right. I am not noticing any symptoms in the other parts of the body though. I will be seeing a doctor and get this ****** sorted out but I wanted to have some of your opinions. Thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to HelpMePleaseplz:
Cross80 (03-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
(female)

Cross80 HB User
Re: SAnother headache

hi..even though you do suffer from OCD and other things ask your dr to check out the possible factor of Cluster Headaches...thats what it sounds like, but on the other hand you might have too much caffine intake so you might want to cut that down, soda, tea, coffee and even chocolate...but there are numerious possibilities that it could be...good luck!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: SAnother headache

I would recommend you begin a headache diary. You can find one on the internet. I would suggest that you get the most complete diary available and that as soon as you have the diary you start keeping it for your doctor. This goes a long way in helping to determine what type and treatment or not is needed for your headache.

I agree that OCD has nothing to do with headaches. Your hitting your head might have something to do with your headaches but a headache needs to be treated if it prevents you from doing what you need to do.

Good luck and keep track of your headaches.

Closed Thread