It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
(female)

rayon HB User
Frustration - daily life impaired by recurring migraines

Hi all,
I have never posted as much on this board as I have this week, but then I have never been as hassled by migraine as I have this week. It is getting to the point where I am unable to complete a full day's work and I am reluctant to make firm plans with friends etc because I am almost certain I will have some sort of migraine episode during the day.

It all started last Sunday with what I thought was my usual monthly migraine - which usually is only the visual aura (as unpleasant and disturbing as I find this, I am aware that this is nothing compared to the full blown migraine headache incidents I have had this week!). I have had one day this week without migraine episode and I have been concerned enough to go to the optician's to get my eyes checked out.

I am trying to figure out now if I have a new trigger. The seasons are turning and I have noticed two of my attacks this week have involved changinq quality of light - one at dusk and one in the middle of the day when the sun was burning off fog.

Is there anything I can do to prevent these attacks and be able to get on with life! I rarely take off work ill and I have had to cry off on a couple of arrangements this week. I hate messing people about.

Sorry to be such a moan. I'm hoping for a migraine free Saturday and trip to the cinema later but I have already told my friend that I won't be able to make any definite decisions until closer to the time.

Thanks for your help again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Frustration - daily life impaired by recurring migraines

Well your best bet is to start a headache diary (you can find one on the internet) and keep it for a neurologist to review. Once a neurologist has conducted any tests they deem necessary they can prescribe medications that will help stop daily headaches. Most people use topamax, I am not keppra. There are downsides to the medication but if your headaches start to interfere with your daily life the downsides may be considered less than those of the migraines.

Good luck.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
(female)

HuggyKat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayon View Post
Hi all,
I have never posted as much on this board as I have this week, but then I have never been as hassled by migraine as I have this week. It is getting to the point where I am unable to complete a full day's work and I am reluctant to make firm plans with friends etc because I am almost certain I will have some sort of migraine episode during the day.

It all started last Sunday with what I thought was my usual monthly migraine - which usually is only the visual aura (as unpleasant and disturbing as I find this, I am aware that this is nothing compared to the full blown migraine headache incidents I have had this week!). I have had one day this week without migraine episode and I have been concerned enough to go to the optician's to get my eyes checked out.

I am trying to figure out now if I have a new trigger. The seasons are turning and I have noticed two of my attacks this week have involved changinq quality of light - one at dusk and one in the middle of the day when the sun was burning off fog.

Is there anything I can do to prevent these attacks and be able to get on with life! I rarely take off work ill and I have had to cry off on a couple of arrangements this week. I hate messing people about.

Sorry to be such a moan. I'm hoping for a migraine free Saturday and trip to the cinema later but I have already told my friend that I won't be able to make any definite decisions until closer to the time.

Thanks for your help again!
I was having 2-3 Migraines a week before I started Topamax. Seriously debilitating migraines. After 2-1/2 yrs on Topamax I am now Migraine free and off the Topamax. I got no side effects from the Topamax except for Dry Mouth (which led to a few cavities). My neurologist said that if I could go 9-12 months without a migraine, that I could stop the Topamax. It took 2-1/2 yrs but they finally stopped altogether. Have you looked into this medication? As a helpful hint, I got my Rx's from Northwest Pharmacy in Canada (website) 1yr supply for about $125. Can't beat that with a stick.

I hope you find a solution - I know how those headaches feel. Good luck to you, friend.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
(female)

rayon HB User

Thanks for your reply. I now have not had one single migraine for more than a week - great! I'm now completely mystified as to what caused this episode and if it is likely to reoccur. I did find out that I have raised platelets at the minute. I'm hoping that they will return but this explains a lot of the symptoms I was having. I guess time will only tell but for now I'm glad to have some normality back!

Old 05-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
(female)

majohnso22 HB User

They may be stress related. You may need to see a psychologist. Meditation definitely helps. You could have a new allergy. Stretching and exercise help. Changing your diet, etc. And movies in 3-d that have those red and blue glasses definitely give me a migraine.

Closed Thread