It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
(male)

fred1965 HB User
Another day of headpain

I woke up Jan. 6th with a headache, and I have had no relief since. My GP started with CT, no contrast, and blood test for nerve infections, both came up negative of course. Then I was referred to a neurologist, , he said to start with that it was my occipital nerve and tried a nerve block in the back of my head. That lasted a day and a half. Don't get me wrong, it was a great day and a half, but the pain returned with a vengeance.
The next thing was a regiment of 50mg of prednisone. That has been awful. Let's just say no luck. He is now thinking it may be my trigenial nerve and has put me on a seizure Med that is supposed to work for nerve pain,and it referring me to another doctor for botox shots. Great joy, more needles. My symptoms are as follows:

1. Pain everyday and every moment on left side of head, starting behind my ear and ending in the center of my forehead.
2. Pain behind eyes, more left then right.
3. Fullness in both ears, like my brain is trying to use the emergency exit.
4. Sensitivity to both light and sound.

This has been a unique experience to say the least. The doctors seem baffled,and they don't want run more test. I can`t work, sleep half the time, loss of appetite, and life in general sucks. I have always been active and in great health. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great, thanks.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Another day of headpain

"3. Fullness in both ears, like my brain is trying to use the emergency exit."

Well, you have not lost your sense of humor yet. I am not sure about a headache caused by nerve pain. Mine is caused by blood vessels in my brain as I understand it. I am also on several seizure medications and these have helped greatly. I know abut not being able to work, I lost my job several years ago. I have autonomic symptoms and blindness with my headaches.

Hang in there and hope the medications start working. Good luck, jeff

The Following User Says Thank You to tingles For This Useful Post:
fred1965 (03-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread