It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
(female)

Jennyjas HB User
A-typical migranes

Fifteen months ago I got two of my wisdom teeth pulled. One needed to be and the other didn't and was extracted just because. The upper one got infected and whether this has anything to do with it I don't know. Could be coincidence or bad luck. Three days later I was driving and something happened. Thought I was having a heart attack but had no chest pain but I knew right then and there I needed to get to the hospital. I'm one of those people that didn't go to docs but I couldn't get there quick enough. Hospital said nothing wrong and I could go home. Something just seemed odd with my vision, heart pounded, and it was like the worst all over body adrenaline rush to the point I though for sure I was going to die in the next few minutes. Never had a panic attack. More doc visits and more tests. 2 M.r.i's of brain. 2 EEG, bloodwork, inner ear test and never been dizzy. Been to johns Hopkins twice. All tests say nothing wrong. Never had headaches. Now I have such a sensitivity to lights, especially driving-headlights are blinding and I have an after affect usually a green or purple spot that lasts way longer than it should. They also have a huge aura or halo around them. Its worse but too much to type. Docs seem to think its atypical migraines. Does anybody have any of these symptoms- my hope for the doctors are dwindling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: A-typical migranes

Atypical migraines can cover a great multitude of symptoms. I have had temporary blindness, auras, and autonomic symptoms, like trouble speaking, moving, and seizure type symtoms. Mine have been diagnosised as basilar migraines.

M.r.i's of brain, EEG's, bloodwork, and cat scans will normally come out normal unless you have more serious issues. The best way to keep it together is to keep a headache diary which can be found on the web. This will allow you to better inform your doctor of what is going wrong, and assist in diagnosis.

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to tingles For This Useful Post:
Jennyjas (04-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
(female)

Jennyjas HB User

Thank you for your response. Are you able to work and function normally with your condition? Docs have put me off of work which is not my style. The thing with the atypical migranes is that I don't get headaches which is why I have a hard time buying the diagnosis. Done tons of research and I'm 50/50 with the diagnosis.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User

No, unfortunately I lost my job several years ago due to lost time at work and I am now on Social Security. I would rather have a job but it was determined that was not going to happen for me. I function pretty normally but I miss a lot of days. Mine come with headaches.

Closed Thread