It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
(male)

ethan93 HB User
Iím so scared!! Are CT scans even accurate??

Hi guys.

Like my title suggest Iím going crazy. Iíve had a slight headache for the past month or two now. I went up to the doctors and explained my headache. He checked my eyes with a light thingy, checked blood pressure. He then suggested that they were tension headaches, but that he would send me for some more tests to be 100%. I ended up having some blood tests and a CT scan, and both the scan/blood tests came back fine. I was quite pleased, but then I JUMPED ONTO THE DAM INTERNET.

I read that CT scans arenít as accurate as MRI scans. And quite a few people have claimed to have clear CT scans, but having tumors picked up on later. Now what are the chances of a CT scan missing a nasty??

I have no other symptoms other than a slight headache at the back of my scull. Am I in the all clear?

I do suffer from OCD, so my stress levels are THROUGH THE ROOF. And my brother gave me a massage and he said I have a TON of knots in my back. My back/neck are quite sore. So Iím wondering if all my stressing are causing these headaches??

Iím just so scared. And I canít stop thinking of my own funeral...

Take Care
Ethan

Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Iím so scared!! Are CT scans even accurate??

If your back and neck are sore and tight tension headaches could very well be the cause. As far as CAT scans, they are not as effective as MRI's but they are pretty well accurate as it goes when looking for ugly's.

See if you can bring your stress levels down and it will help with the tension headaches. I have basilar migraines but stress also affects my headaches. One of your main goals should be to relax and stop thinking of your funeral.

Good luck and thank God or whomever for your health.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User
Re: Iím so scared!! Are CT scans even accurate??

CT and MRI scans are not capable of finding everything, so it is still possible to have something that the doctors can't find. Nonetheless, it is most likely that your headache is due to tension and/or stress, and much of what you read on the Internet can add to your stress.

Best of luck! Hopefully your pain will go away on its own, but if it doesn't, follow up with your doctor. If you have chronic pain, a pain management doctor in a pain clinic setting may give you relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan93 View Post
Hi guys.

Like my title suggest Iím going crazy. Iíve had a slight headache for the past month or two now. I went up to the doctors and explained my headache. He checked my eyes with a light thingy, checked blood pressure. He then suggested that they were tension headaches, but that he would send me for some more tests to be 100%. I ended up having some blood tests and a CT scan, and both the scan/blood tests came back fine. I was quite pleased, but then I JUMPED ONTO THE DAM INTERNET.

I read that CT scans arenít as accurate as MRI scans. And quite a few people have claimed to have clear CT scans, but having tumors picked up on later. Now what are the chances of a CT scan missing a nasty??

I have no other symptoms other than a slight headache at the back of my scull. Am I in the all clear?

I do suffer from OCD, so my stress levels are THROUGH THE ROOF. And my brother gave me a massage and he said I have a TON of knots in my back. My back/neck are quite sore. So Iím wondering if all my stressing are causing these headaches??

Iím just so scared. And I canít stop thinking of my own funeral...

Take Care
Ethan

Closed Thread