It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
(female)

foreverwise HB User
Dizzy and lightheaded, headaches

I have been suffering with these strange symptoms for 2 months now.
I am a teacher and it all started in Septemer (beginning of the school year). I love my job and can`t imagine it would be because of anxiety related to work--I have a constant headache, heavy head feeling that never goes away.

I only feel this way when I am at school, more specifically in my classroom. Now again, I love my students and do not hate my job...

It ruins my day, every day. I am SOOO FED UP with not feeling good!?

I am getting married in 2 months, happier than Ive ever been in my entire life, but feel like i cant enjoy it because of this constant feeling of lightheadednss and headaches that take over my life.

I wonder if it could be the lighting in my classroom? Nothing helps. No medication is strong enough. Not even the most expensive migraine meds...

I drink lots of water, i exercise regularly, do not smoke ...what am I doing wrong??

I am 30 years old and lost my best friend to lung cancer at 28. I became a little paranoid about my health since then, but i am much better (i research less and less) ....So anxiety doesnt explain it for me.

ANYONE out there feeling the same and/or have advice for me??

Thank you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
(female)

social357 HB Usersocial357 HB User
Re: Dizzy and lightheaded, headaches

Do you feel that way on the weekends too? If it was the lighting, you probably wouldn't experience it on weekends when you weren't in the classroom (unless you had residual headaches, I suppose). Can you find out what chemicals are used to clean the classroom? Chemical sensitivity could be another reason for headaches.

I hope you find an answer REALLY soon. It's not fun to feel like crap; I totally understand that!

The Following User Says Thank You to social357 For This Useful Post:
foreverwise (04-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
(female)

social357 HB Usersocial357 HB User

oops, sorry double reply

Last edited by social357; 04-18-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: double reply

Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
(female)

foreverwise HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by social357 View Post
Do you feel that way on the weekends too? If it was the lighting, you probably wouldn't experience it on weekends when you weren't in the classroom (unless you had residual headaches, I suppose). Can you find out what chemicals are used to clean the classroom? Chemical sensitivity could be another reason for headaches.

I hope you find an answer REALLY soon. It's not fun to feel like crap; I totally understand that!

I actually dont feel like that on weekends...ever =(
It`s only when I am in my classroom. I`m not sure if it`s because I have to be on the ball and talk to 32 students all at once? I used to do it before, and it never bothered me. Like I mentioned, Ive been teaching at this school for 6 years now.

These symptoms only started last year. I am wondering if it could be anxiety? But anxiety symptoms don`t seem to match? I also did a CT scan 6 months ago, nothing is wrong.

I ALWAYS GET LIGHTHEADED AND HAVE A HEADACHE the second I am in class. =( When i have time off, I do not feel these symtoms either.

I just want to feel better and enjoy my life...I have no reason not to ...

Any feedback would be appreciated...especially if someone out there feel the same...

Closed Thread