It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

HeavenlyOne HB User
Exclamation More frequent migraine auras???

I started having migraine auras in 2001. They leave me with a dull headache.
Since 2001, they've been few and far between.
About 4-5 months ago, I had one then another a few weeks later.
Well, a month ago, I had one as I woke up one morning. Went back to sleep. Then one week later, I had one when I had been working on the computer for a bit, it was my sign to get off and go to bed. The next morning, I woke up with one again.
A week passed and none.
Well, yesterday flew out to California (24 hours w/ no sleep) but eventually took a two hour nap. Started falling asleep last night and woke up for a minute to see I was having one. Went back to sleep.
So that's 3 now that I've had in the last few weeks where I've been asleep while having one. That's never happened before.
Why this sudden inset of migraine auras? I think that's about 4 in a month?

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I started having floaters in 1999, sensitivity to light, have no line bifocals with a slight stigmatism. Chronic anxiety. I'm just a mess at 41.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: More frequent migraine auras???

Sounds like you are having a resurgence of headaches. I used to get my migraines mostly after exercise or exposure to heat. I went for years without a headache and then they started beating me up with up to 18 a month. I am now on preventative medication and the migraines are fewer but I still get a lot of auras. I actually lost my job due to lost time caused by migraines. My doctor told me people can go years without a headache and then drop back into a cycle of frequent headaches.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
(female)

HeavenlyOne HB User

Yeah thats really weird. My migraine auras were very few and far betwen since 2001. Then suddenly, I'm getting them about once per week!
I'm due for my eye exam so I'm going to really press the issue about these things.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
(female)

Linda J HB User

Hello, I am new here and the same thing is happening to me. I get migraines a couple times a month but migraine with aura only a couple times a year maybe. The past 3 weeks, I have had migraine auras 5 times. Always preceeded by computer use or sunlight. What is happening with bright lights as triggers? Have seen opthamologist who seemed unconcerned and said "ocular Migraines". Anyone else have a cluster of these. if so, how did you get them to subside. They freak me out everytime.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
(female)

Linda J HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingles View Post
Sounds like you are having a resurgence of headaches. I used to get my migraines mostly after exercise or exposure to heat. I went for years without a headache and then they started beating me up with up to 18 a month. I am now on preventative medication and the migraines are fewer but I still get a lot of auras. I actually lost my job due to lost time caused by migraines. My doctor told me people can go years without a headache and then drop back into a cycle of frequent headaches.
What preventive medication are you on and you say it didn't help the frequency of the auras? I can handle the headache...but hate, hate hate the aura.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User

I used to be on Topamax but now use Keppra. Unfortunately they do not help with the aura, only the headaches but we all react differently to medication so it might be worth a try. I can deal with the auras but the headaches are way too painful. Keppra is a good med but it is expensive. There is a generic for Topamax now.

Closed Thread

Tags
migraine auras