It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

jaydub0425 HB User
8 year old son with chronic headaches

My 8 year old son has had daily chronic headaches since September. First we thought it was Lyme as the test came back positive but apparently there are some false positives, so the doc determined that it wasn't lyme since the antibiotics didn't clear up the headaches. We had an MRI which was normal. The neurologist recommended physical therapy we which we have gone to 2 sessions already. I don't know of any stress in his life. He may be extra sensitive to stressers so maybe being in a large class has him stressed. But he has had the headaches on the weekends and on vacation too. I rarely give him tylenol because they are not very debilitating and usually don't last long. But he has headaches about 3-4 times a day. The doc also said that his muscles are very tight. He had tortocolis as a baby which we had physical therapy for. Trying to get him to drink more water too. He is adopted so we have no medical history. I feel bad for him and hoping that it's something he will grow out of. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User
Re: 8 year old son with chronic headaches

try warm showers or bath . then ice if the warm water doesn't help. also check for carbon monoxide leak by his bed room or in the house and or common area where he plays. also see if he got hit in the head in sept. even if it was a small knock. i also suggest you compare what his behavior is like now and compare to august if you can.also ask him to describe the flow of the pain where it starts and ends the tip of pain.ie aching. stabbing and so on. make sure you relay this to dr. also has his eating habits changed or detergent . it could also be a weird allergic reaction. is there mold in the house.. I could go on and on but these are all the top ones i can think of aside from increase in harm one levels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: 8 year old son with chronic headaches

Painman offered a lot of good advice on things to look out for. I'd also definitely look out for patterns after eating to see if any foods might trigger headaches, especially if the 3-4 times follows an eating pattern. I can't eat chocolate because of headaches/migraines and many people are surprised to hear about that. Another thing I'd look out for would be sleeping patterns. Under or oversleeping can do it, as well as not sleeping well in general. I used to sleep on my stomach and learned that it can cause headaches and neck issues for some people (and others are lucky and never have this problem). I also switched to a contoured memory foam pillow and that has been wonderful for headaches! Good luck with everything and I hope you can find what might be causing them. I don't blame you about trying to not give headache medicine often.

Closed Thread