HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Headaches & Migraines (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/)
-   -   Sharp stabbing pain in middle of right side of head (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/903985-sharp-stabbing-pain-middle-right-side-head.html)

SpicyGirl82 06-07-2012 09:20 AM

Sharp stabbing pain in middle of right side of head

Hey everyone. I keep having these sharp stabbing pains that last a few seconds in the middle of the right side of my head. Also, its at the top of my head but its midway between the front and back of my head. This just started today. I've had about 3 of them so far. What could be causing this? I am getting worried that I am about to have a stroke or something.

SpicyGirl82 06-08-2012 06:51 AM

Re: Sharp stabbing pain in middle of right side of head

I would really appreciate some input. If you don't know what is causing it, that's fine. I don't expect anyone to diagnose me online. I am just wanting some input as to what it might possibly be. I am just really terrified that something is wrong with my brain or something. I intend to see my doctor about this soon but I'd still like some input from people online.

tingles 06-08-2012 02:54 PM

SpicyGirl82, you might be having any number to types of headaches or a reaction to stress, stress is a trigger for migraines too. I suggest that you see your doctor and see what he/she says. If the pains continue it might still be good to start a migraine diary so you have a history of the events and possibly some triggers. You can find several good migraine diarys on the internet. These are used by your doctor or neurologist in determining what type of headache you are having if any. I wish you luck and hope that it turns out to be a benign condition.

sjb 06-08-2012 07:00 PM

Hi a neurologist could order an MRI to check this to be sure. If it is real bad the emergency room might be appropriate. I would not use spices if they are used as the name implies. Hot spices can contribute to temper, possible stroke since some people get a stroke in a fit of rage, gastrointestinal problems and other health problems. In theory at least after the doctor sends somebody back home a cold ice bag for a short time might provide comfort and possibly lessen bleeding if a small vessel opened up inside, since cold is known to constrict blood vessels. Of course everyone is in charge of their own health care and is responsible for the decisions they must make for themselves. sjb

SpicyGirl82 07-27-2012 11:41 AM

Hey everyone. Thanks for the information and advice. That said, I did go to the emergency room one night over a month ago for this problem. They told me that it was basically a nerve which was going haywire every now and then. Well, the problem has mostly stopped but every now and then it happens again. Thanks again.

Titchou 07-28-2012 06:23 AM

Check out temporal arteritis and ice pick headaches. One of them might be the issue.