It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
(female)

hlthnut3 HB User
Tension Headache/Migraine?

I've had a headache for 3 weeks now and don't really know what to do or what's even causing it. It started one morning instant headache in back of head. Took 3 Advil and it did nothing. I went to my GP and he just called it a migraine and gave me Maxalt. I went to a neurologist he did an MRI, EEG and blood work which all came back fine so he called it a tension headache and gave me meds Butal/Acetamino. I've been to the chriopractor he did an adjustment and still I have a headache. It's a dull headache but at any time it can become a severe migraine for example heat, alcohol, stress and laying around seems to trigger it. I've taken 4 Advil every day but have not taken anythig else since I'm extremely sensitive to medication. Has anybody else had this problem and what do you do? It's very depressing and I feel like it's never going to end.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB Usertingles HB User
Re: Tension Headache/Migraine?

You have the major triggers but I cannot say that much about the rest of your symptoms. Hang around for a while and someone with similar symptoms will be by.

Have you ever tried a migraine diary. They can be found on the internet and can be used to identify your triggers if there are any more. They might also be used by your neurologist. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Tension Headache/Migraine?

I have seen so many posts like this and it breaks my heart that most of us are still trying to find what works. I'm actually trying the chiropractic route right now, but they told me that since my head/neck have been bothering me every day for about 1 1/2 years now, it will probably take a month of twice-weekly adjustments to see an improvement. I am also seeing an upper cervical chiropractor, not a regular chiropractor. You might want to look into myofascial pain syndrome and trigger point therapy. Although it wasn't a fix for me, it helps a little since I know I have a lot of knots in that area. Like you, medicines don't really work. I get migraines, but I am not sure if these are connected to my "usual" migraines since they start differently. I actually take Xanax occasionally (as needed and I try to not take it often) to relax myself as much as possible, since tension makes it all worse. I'm also on a dairy and wheat-free diet, but just started this Monday. Supposedly food sensitivities (I do NOT have food allergies though) can cause inflammation for some people. My doctor also recommended I start using a lumbar support while sitting.

I hope you are able to find some kind of relief soon. Just wanted to share a few ideas, although it might take a combination of various things to really get you good results.

Closed Thread