It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

myhlth4me HB User
Daily Headaches, knot in neck muscle, severe anxiety

Hi Everyone, I'm desperate.....

Short story - In April, I moved my home office to a small office to have seperation of work/home. I work on a computer all day long and have had a very stressful work load since January.

Back to around April.... I found a lump in my right breast with turned out to be fibrosistic (or whatever that's called), thank goodness. Ever since then, I've had chronic health anxiety. More importantly, since then, I've had daily headaches. It started out as a sinus kind of headache. I had jaw pain, ear pain, sinus pressure, etc. I ended up going to urgent care and was put on augmentin for a suspected sinis infection. This did not help. I went to my GP who said my right sinus was blocked and she thought I was dealing with severe panic/anxiety disorder on top of possible allergies. She prescribed flonaze and zoloft and suggested suddafed. None of this helped. A couple of weeks later, I ended up going to the ER for my headaches/sinus feeling pressure - mainly because I was concerned about a Brain Tumor. I've felt dizzy and just out of it like I'm not even here. The Doc did a CT scan to put my mind at ease and a full CBC. He said everything came back normal and I was "not dying". Great! He put me on more antibotics thinking it was Rhino = something or another of the sinuses. This did not help. Fast forward to May, last month, I started having horrible anxiety, was convinced I had every terminal condition under the sun. Relunctantly, I started the Zolfot, which I must say, has helped with the anxiety. I went to the ENT, confirmed it's not my sinuses. Went to the eye doc, just fine there too. However, my headaches have not subsided. Every morning, I wake with pain behind my eyes. When I roll my eyes, it feels sore. Through out this entire thing, I've had a very sore right trapezius muscle and a knot in the muslce just below my head next to my spine. I've noticed in the last couple of days if I turn my head to the right (same side as muscle knot), I get a radiating pain up the right sid eof my head. Oh, and the Chiropractor took x-rays of my spine and found that my spine is curved slightly in two places. He thought this was causing my headaches. I've seen him 4 or 5 times but no definate resolution of the headaches. Before all this started, I helped hubby carry a large (8 X 6 feet) garden box from the front yard to the back yard. It was so heavy, we had to stop and take breaks.

Last night, I woke up laying on my right side with about a 6 out of 10 pain behind my right eye. I stood up, stretched my neck and the pain subsided. When I layed back down, I had tears coming from that eye.

Looking for any thoughts on here. Does anyone think my headaches are from my sore trapezius muscle or something more serious?

The following user gives a hug of support to myhlth4me:
sjb (06-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Daily Headaches, knot in neck muscle, severe anxiety

Hi Welcome to the health boards! With pain behind the right eye I think I would have asked the neurologist for an MRI to be sure. Peace of mind anyway. sjb

Last edited by sjb; 06-12-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: addition made

Old 06-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
(female)

myhlth4me HB User

Thanks SJB. I've been worried about needing an MRI in case the CT missed something. I forgot to mention, I'm 31 years old with no health issues - I hope.

The Following User Says Thank You to myhlth4me For This Useful Post:
sjb (06-13-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
(female)

myhlth4me HB User

Any other thoughts? Starting to go into panic spiral bc the only thought at this point is the CT missed something......

Old 06-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi You are welcome! Yes, I have other thoughts and am glad I was asked, thank-you. Cat Scans cannot find everything. Sometimes self massage or another persons gentle massage might help the muscle knots, suffered from and maybe to some extent the headaches if some of it is being aggravated from pain elsewhere such as the crookedness of the spine which makes a person hold himself all the time in a way that would cause some pain. Personally I would not bother with a surgery if the crookedness is only slight because some people end up with worse pain or perhaps paralysis, at least temporarily if not permanently with surgical treatment of spine.

Sometimes if a person puts the fingers all over the head and makes tiny gentle circles with the fingers, move the hands to a slightly different place and does it again on the head elsewhere and so on it will help the headache dissolve a bit if there is tension in the muscles. Because of the pain behind the eye though, I might still want an MRI and it might help erase worries about something there behind the eye or even much further back.

Sometimes a tear duct might have a slight blockage causing tears to come out instead of going down into the nose normally. Perhaps this is a reason for the pain behind the eye, if something is actually behind the eye this just might press on the duct a bit blocking it, or perhaps something is going on with a nerve in there somewhere. The opthamologist might not have been able to check that I am not sure. The causes for a blocked duct may be varied, including infection in it or inflammation, or a slight growth. I might try gently holding a comfortably warm, wet, very clean cloth, closing the eye, 3 minutes, and ice 30 seconds in that area over the duct, which goes down from the corner of the eye down the nose. I would repeat that 3 times. I might do that daily in the evening before bed finishing with cold and drying it with a towel. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions, is responsible for what they do and if desired could ask the eye doctor about it first. I hope the needed comfort is obtained. Peace, sjb

Closed Thread