It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
(female)

horse2 HB User
Anyone try Atenolol and Nortriptyline? or Botox

Went to a new Neruologist for my migraines and he put me on Atenolol and Nortriptyline. I'm feeling confused and in a fog. I was kinda feeling this way before with too many migraines to function but I think it's a little worse. It's helped a little with the migraines. The dr was not nice and was not understanding. He yelled at me do you know how many people walk around with the same problem? Oh so I just just suffer and not try to do something about it? I wasn't able to discuss everything I wanted to discuss. I will not continue with this Dr long. He ordered me Botox so waiting to get that done and if these meds or the Botox doesn't work I'll try another Dr.

So just wanted to know anyone else did with any of these things?

Old 06-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
(male)

greg1x HB User
Re: Anyone try Atenolol and Nortriptyline? or Botox

Since you are trying Botox I take it you also have chronic migraines. The botox did not help me at all, that does not mean it will not help you. Depending on whose studies you believe the botox helps...a little, or maybe some. In an April article in the AMA journal that reviewed 31 studies on the use of Botox for migraines it only helped in cases of chronic migraines, and resulted in 2-3 less headaches per month. If you have chronic migraines that means you have 15 or more headaches a month to start with. I tried a betat blocker like Atenolol and could not tolerate it since it flared up my GERD (reflux). I also tried a trycyclic like nortriptyline and could not tolerate the fogginess so stopped taking it. The only preventative I vae been able to stay on is 150mg a day of Topamax. Greg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread