HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Headaches & Migraines (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/)
-   -   Burning sensation in back of head (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/906899-burning-sensation-back-head.html)

nicnac1908 06-27-2012 03:37 AM

Burning sensation in back of head

Hi all
HELP I have a burning sensation in the back of my left side of head with serve headaches. I feel really unwell. I have had a CT scan and Lumber Puncture which were both clear. The headaches are constant and painfull. My legs feel like jelly and I am just feeling rubbish. I have also been vomiting but not all the time. My concentration is poor and I have been sent home from work! I have to resee my doctor on Friday who is at a loss what to do as I had a clear CT scan. I feel like im losing my mind.

tingles 06-28-2012 10:42 AM

Re: Burning sensation in back of head

Hello, I would first recommend that you start a headache diary that can be found on the internet. It will keep track of your headaches and how bad they are. It might also help you find some triggers. It may also help your doctor. At first mine was a surprise due to the number of headaches I was actually having.

Usually migrainers CT scans are clear, they are used to rule out more serious diseases. Your doctor may want to send you to a neurologist. There are daily medications that can decrease the number and seriousness of your headaches. There are also abortive medications that can be used for them. Phenigrine is one that comes to mind when you say you are vomiting.

Good luck, you are not losing your mind. If your doctor is unsure of how to proceed ask to see a neurologist.

tUrRrRa 07-04-2012 02:51 PM

Re: Burning sensation in back of head

I'm in the middle of my "journey" to find a way to help my symptoms, which are very similar to yours! I'm currently seeing an upper cervical chiropractor since I am misaligned (and it sounded like a more suitable option than a regular chiropractor), but it's still too early too tell if it will help. I'm not sure about you or myself, but it sounds like there are a lot of people out there with these issues that are struggling to find what's wrong. I really wish there were an easy answer. Makes me wonder if it's a combination of many things. I do have a lot of knots at the base of my skull/top of neck and it's always tender. It's like some kind of underlying neck issue/weakness has the neck and muscles that attach to the head very tense and overloaded, causing the burning and various other issues. I also do get nauseous a lot, but thankfully it hasn't been too bad the past few weeks.

I agree with Tingles that you may want to look into a doctor that is willing to work with you and try different things that could help. It's been a challenge for me, but my new doctors are trying different approaches that could help me. I seem to be pretty healthy with no obvious issues, so it might end up being a lot of lifestyle changes. It's very frustrating, so I feel for you! I hope you can find relief soon. Keep us posted!